Shimano New 7:1 Curado 200E7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano New 7:1 Curado 200E7

Been slobbering over the new Shimano 200 E7.
    Sprung for one a few days back.
    Have used it on a couple of trips and so far its a pleasure to use.
    My .02cents

Weight: Its a bit heavier than a 50Mg but not as heavy as a Chronarch.

Drag: The drag is smooth and can be really cranked down. It handled a couple of slot reds with ease.

Capacity: The line capacity is better than a 50Mg also. Didn't measure it but I loaded at least 150yds of 12lb Stren on it. Braid should spool up over 200yds.

Casting: Pretty much S.O.P. for a high end Shimano baitcast reel. Smooth and easy. Brake system just like the 50Mg line. Side plate is opened by a 1/4 turn on the folding side plate handle, unlike the 50mg which unscrews, to access brakes.
    Standard spool tension knob on handle side.

Ergonomics: Real nice. The reel is very low profile. Easily fits in your hand. Handle is large with comfortable knobs. I kind of wish the star drag wheel was a bit larger in diameter but thats just me.

Retrieve: FAST! It will smoke a lure across the water. I tried some of my little crank bait type lures and it has to be cranked slow or they just skipped on the water.

Overall I think its a winner.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thanks for the review Moon, I'm heading out to buy one this week!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yip.... I will agree! I have had two of them for a month or two now and have been very pleased with them.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I know this is an old thread but instead of starting a new one I figured I would add to this one. I got the e7 not too long ago. maybe 3 weeks. Fished with it for the first time last night. Man, what a reel. Its beyond smooth. It was windy and I put two brakes on and had no problem casting into the wind. I loaded it up with 12/50 power pro and never backlashed. It will crank some line in. I was having problems with the birds wanting to eat my top water so I would reel in fast and the spook was just hopping across the top of the water. the birds couldn't catch it. I give this one a 10+. I switched to diffrent lures 2 times and it had no problem getting distance out of each and they all weighed differently. The AR H3 its sitting on was also nice. Its a real light combo and wouldn't have problems working this one all day grinding it out. Hope to give it a real workout sometime soon on some real fish.

Comment

I will have to check that one out.

Comment

My dad had one sitting since Xmas and I spooled it up and caught 10 trout on it 2-3 weeks ago when I was down last... The reel is super smooth and I love it! Going to buy me one and give his back
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

is it balanced ok with that big ol gear?
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Get this, the wife is buying the 201E7 this weekend and she will have a better set up then me. Got to love women that know their reels and can fish.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  I know this is an old thread but instead of starting a new one I figured I would add to this one. I got the e7 not too long ago. maybe 3 weeks. Fished with it for the first time last night. Man, what a reel. Its beyond smooth. It was windy and I put two brakes on and had no problem casting into the wind. I loaded it up with 12/50 power pro and never backlashed. It will crank some line in. I was having problems with the birds wanting to eat my top water so I would reel in fast and the spook was just hopping across the top of the water. the birds couldn't catch it. I give this one a 10+. I switched to diffrent lures 2 times and it had no problem getting distance out of each and they all weighed differently. The AR H3 its sitting on was also nice. Its a real light combo and wouldn't have problems working this one all day grinding it out. Hope to give it a real workout sometime soon on some real fish.
                  That last sentence will never happen!
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Just an update, the wife purchased her the 200E7 this weekend and boy she can make some really long casts. She let me try it and it was really smooth.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                      That last sentence will never happen!

Comment

Working...
                      X