Thursday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night

Got an invite to go fishing on my friend's lighted pier in Anahuac Thursday night. We got there an hour or so before dark. Reds had a couple of huge pods of shad hemmed up a hundred or so yards from the pier. Beautiful sunset, no wind, very little tide movement and the water was off color. However, there was no shortage of shad. Friends were throwing pink skitterwalks and bone spook jr(with single hooks) for me. First fish came on pink skitterwalk and I caught the next two. Anther friend caught another on skitterwalk and I boxed the last one on a glow chartreuse slatwater assassin. We wanted to wait for the tide to start moving, but work beckoned the next morning for my friends and without any winds the bugs were relentless! Friends freezer is full so they let me keep the fish. All five were 16"-17", perfect size for the fryer! Had an incredible time with really great friends! Oh, had no problems with hooksets using single hooks on the spook jr.
    Moe

Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Good report and great pics

Rep for throwing singles

Comment

Nice rerort Moe,
      Your right about the little ones being the best to eat. WTG.

Comment

Night time is always neat-O.
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Good job Moe.

Comment

Nice going, Moe!

Comment

Thursday Night

Great job Moe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Moe, were you over at Keith's pier?
                A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Other being mosquito bait it sounded fun . Good results for having the off color water .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thursday Night

WTG Moe!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Wilie- Yep! They are going to add another 100 ft to it! I can't wait!

Skeeters were not to bad..it was all the other bugs crawling all over us. Just got too creepy for the ladies.
                      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

WTG Moe!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                        X