First visit to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First visit to the site

I was down on the west end yesterday helping Coachlaw and 007 loot some used lumber and had the pleasure of meeting a couple of very helpful and nice guys...turns out one of them has something to do with this site so I thought I would join and see what it is all about! WestendAngler it was great to meet you and look forward to visiting your site often. And I was glad to meet Bailey (not sure of his screen name yet)...he is a whiz with that bobcat! He saved a lot of heavy lifting, strained backs and general aches and pains with his expertise on the machine! And contrary to what Sandy said about him, he is a nice guy!

Bailey = Beach Bum Bailey

And welcome
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome Chuck! This is a pretty cool little site. It was good to meet you and to work side by side with you!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Yah Chuck, pleasure to meet you! The forum is just an added bonus... Photo Galleries, Tide Tables, Surf Cams, Current Conditions, Current Radar of West Bay, we've linked in the Reel Report via RSS Feed etc.

Comment

Thanks Coe...it looks like a great site! Looking forward to exploring it.

I was also informed that you are the Flounder King when it comes to gigging! I would love to tag along some evening...its been a while since I stuck a flat fish and almost wanted Sandy to leave me out at the camp when I saw the flats and clear water Saturday. We watched 007 thrash the water to foam with his casting but all he got was "guide strikes"!

Comment

Welcome Chuck, hope to see you on the water! I freguent the West Bay, Chocolate Bayou, Titlum Tatlu, Cold Pass and Christmas in a Majek Redfish 18. I like to think of myself as friendly and will gladly accept your offer of beer! Just kidding, I always bring plenty to go around.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Sure Chuck, Hopefully one of these next weekends will cooperate weather-wise

Comment

I have fished West Bay once in my life.........I know, very sad!
                I dont get to fish often but would enjoy learning a little about it along with Christmas. I have flounders the south shore line of Christmas a lot many years ago and really enjoyed that. But that was with the ancient methods...coleman lantern with a reflector! So heavy it made your arm shake like the palsy when you were driving home after a long night of floundering.

I fish in a 21 Kenner but it does not have a tunnel so you wont see me in too shallow a water, unless by accident of course. If I was rich, I would have a Majek and not worry about it! Kind of like the tales I have heard of Majek Maniac! But I do keep a cooler of beer for anybody that cares to visit...have to be cordial, you know! Its my southern heritage! I have never lived any further north than downtown Houston so it's just in my blood.

Thanks again for the welcome...hope to meet more of the crew of FishWestEnd.com. By the way, if you visit any other popular saltwater sites, I am Chuck there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Thanks Coe...it looks like a great site! Looking forward to exploring it.

I was also informed that you are the Flounder King when it comes to gigging! I would love to tag along some evening...its been a while since I stuck a flat fish and almost wanted Sandy to leave me out at the camp when I saw the flats and clear water Saturday. We watched 007 thrash the water to foam with his casting but all he got was "guide strikes"!
                  Attached Files
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    If I was rich, I would have a Majek and not worry about it!
                    You dont have to be rich to own a Majek, if you look and wait, there are some good deals out there. Mine is a '97 model and I paid less than $10K for it. But I know what you mean, a brand new Majek would be nice to own.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Welcome my friend!
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                        NK
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

welcome Chuck

AQUA PIMP
                          AQUA PIMP......
                          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Wazzup Chuck... glad to see you found this place!
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                            X