Tilt/trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/trim

Got my sons kenner out hee.Has a 150 Yamaha on it.Anyway I went out this morning to to a little work on it.The motor was all the way up.So I went to lower it back on the transom saver.Battery was dead.Charged battery and lowered motor.As soon as I let off the down swich it raised back up.Trim motor just kept running.Lowered it several more times.Same thing.Then it stopped doing it.So did something get wet in all the rain or what.Working fine now.

Thats what it sounds like to me. My old Optimax was doing that a few years ago. It would do it just sitting in my driveway, one morning I went out and you could here the tilt/trim motor running. No telling how long it was running. Good thing it didn't mess the tilt/trim motor up. Anyways, the mechanic found that the tilt/trim control on the throttle was getting wet inside. What was crazy is I could be running wide open and then the motor would just start trimming up on its own.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I really don't know much about such matters, but when I bought my Explorer with a 150 Yamaha, the dealer said to be carefull not to trim back the motor all the way because it could press down on the exposed cables/wiring leading to the motor from below decks and pinch them. It may not be pertinent, just a thought.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Wet was what I thought.Just checking.I have a switch to disconnect power.Think I'll do that.Fishing in the morning.Hate to go out and battery be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
          Wet was what I thought.Just checking.I have a switch to disconnect power.Think I'll do that.Fishing in the morning.Hate to go out and battery be dead.
          or the fishing to be dead
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

As long as I got water under me fish or no fish I'm a happy man.

Comment

Working...
            X