Cold and Windy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold and Windy!!!

Headed out this morning with the wife n friend.... been a good while since i've fished but this was one of my first wknds off in a LONG time so i was determined to go.. got to the boat launch and it was WINDY and COLD!! Mission was to catch some flounderrreeenoos... well got to the first spot after seeing a couple flounders boil and launch themselves out the water, all looked small... but i was using artificials and could not hook up for the life of me.. used the 10 sec rule and the instant hookset which didnt work so i switched to finger mullet...

First cast i get the classic SLAM i havent felt in a year. Waited a bit and set the hook to a flounder burning line off my reel.. landed the small one @ 16 inches.

we ended w/ 2 specks, 2 reds, and the flounder. Wife caught her 21" red and was ready to go home. Left by noon.
    Attached Files

Good repot! thanks im ready to catch some flounders for sure.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

bad conditions with a good report....thanks........were going out for flounder sunday but will be glad to hook-up with some reds.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Was wondering if anyone ventured out today. I didn't.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You are the man for getting out in the wind and cold today!! Thanks for the report. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Congrats on the slam. Thanks for the report.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice! Too cold for me.

Comment

Nice job. It was a little chilly in gtown yesterday

Comment

Sorry if you think it was cold today.You won't be fishing next month.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                    Sorry if you think it was cold today.You won't be fishing next month.
                    We'll all be fishing but that doesn't mean we can't whine about the weather..
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report Slyell. Thanks!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X