Charging a deep cycle battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging a deep cycle battery

If I charge my deep cycle marine battery after every use does it lessen the 100% charge?

Thanks!

Originally posted by sublimesurf74 View Post
    If I charge my deep cycle marine battery after every use does it lessen the 100% charge?

Thanks!
    No... But I hope your using a charger that will shut off or turn back on should volts reach a certain level...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

"Nearly all batteries will not reach full capacity until cycled 10-30 times. A brand new battery will have a capacity of about 5-10% less than the rated capacity.

Batteries should be watered after charging unless the plates are exposed, then add just enough water to cover the plates. After a full charge, the water level should be even in all cells and usually 1/4" to 1/2" below the bottom of the fill well in the cell (depends on battery size and type)."

Comment

Awesome - Thanks for the information!

Comment

Read through that. Good stuff to know, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            "Nearly all batteries will not reach full capacity until cycled 10-30 times. A brand new battery will have a capacity of about 5-10% less than the rated capacity.

Batteries should be watered after charging unless the plates are exposed, then add just enough water to cover the plates. After a full charge, the water level should be even in all cells and usually 1/4" to 1/2" below the bottom of the fill well in the cell (depends on battery size and type)."
            I was taught to always use distilled water in batteries and test them with a hydrometer.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              I was taught to always use distilled water in batteries and test them with a hydrometer.
              Me too.
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Here is some good information here folks.

Saltmadness

Comment

Kenny I figured everyone knew about the distilled water...

Comment

Nope-I saw a buddy add tap water recently-all we had around-he wasn't too worried-pretty sure his battery was dead and gone anyway.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Always use distilled.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

i have found also that if you charge your battery right away or as soon as your done with it, it last longer... ( rather than wait till your ready to use the next day and then charge that night) 2cents... lol
                        Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Yeah, ideally you'd want to always have your battery on a trickle charge w/ auto shutoff to maintain peak performance.

Comment

Whats the best setup for 2 marine batteries?
                            NoBama

Comment

Working...
                            X