Yellow Cucumbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Cucumbers

Every one of my cucumbers is coming in yellow. They have yet to turn green and then go yellow by being on the vine too long. They are firm and appear ripe in every way except the color. What is going on and what do I need to do???
    sigpic

They start out yellow? What variety are they?
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

If you planted them near squash, they may be cross pollenated (half squash).

Comment

Not sure which variety...just bought seeds and Lowes. They start out green when they are first coming out on the vine then quickly turn. They taste ok...just tried one. Yes they are close to the squash. They dont taste like squash but I guess I cant rule that out.
        sigpic

Comment

squcumbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
            Not sure which variety...just bought seeds and Lowes. They start out green when they are first coming out on the vine then quickly turn. They taste ok...just tried one. Yes they are close to the squash. They dont taste like squash but I guess I cant rule that out.
            How close?..my cukes did this when the heat wave hit us....soil may be deficient in calcium and or magnesium.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

You won't see cross pollination exhibited in the fruits appearance unless you save seeds from the fruit one year and plant them the next. Genetic impossibility, That's not what it is. I suspect a mineral deficiency like Chris suggested. If they taste good just go with it.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Are you letting them grow big and then they go yellow? Might be pickling cucumbers so you gotta pick em small.

Comment

You won't see cross pollination exhibited in the fruits appearance unless you save seeds from the fruit one year and plant them the next. Genetic impossibility, That's not what it is. I suspect a mineral deficiency like Chris suggested. If they taste good just go with it.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I've used epsom salt (from the dollar store), with good results. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate.
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Check your thumb ........ Is it green or yellow ?
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X