west bay duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west bay duck hunting

Alright, so I know that everyone has their super secret duck hunting spots and don't want to even give a hint to where they are, but I am confused as to where everyone goes duck hunting in West Bay. I called to ask the game warden and he said that Karankawa Lake is now closed to duck hunting and the south west and west side of greens is also shut down. Those were the first two places I was going to try out, but now I guess not. Does anyone hunt on the south shoreline of the bay? If so where is it legal to the public? What about the north shoreline? I 'm not asking for your secret spots I just want to make sure I'm not illegally hunting.

Karankawa Lake is now closed to duck hunting
    They said some dodgy looking characters and a black lab in a camo gatortail had been sighted and they wanted to clean up the neighborhood.

Seriously, you can hunt anywhere in the water (public property). Give plenty of room between nearby houses. I even give a bit more room if the wind will carry the noise of the shot to them.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the information. I definately will keep my didstance from other and houses.

Comment

Wait.. I also forgot to ask.. Is there any places that you can sit in the marsh at? I am still waiting on an engine for my jon boat, so right now all I has is a 21ft kenner that i was planning on anchoring somewhere then wading to a nice grassy spot.

Comment

Anywhere I guess. Wear waders unless your OK with getting poked by grass and having a wet butt

My kayak is both transportation and lay-out blind. I think that the sitting down while shooting thing is messing me up though, and I've been too embarassed to ask the guys at the skeet range if I can practice while sitting on my kayak chair

Comment

Fishcatchr:

Send a private message to WestEndAngler and ask him-he knows where you can go likely. He runs this site and is a big time duck killer.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Fishcatchr:

Send a private message to WestEndAngler and ask him-he knows where you can go likely. He runs this site and is a big time duck killer.

HAHAHAHA did coe pay you to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSHOCKWAVE View Post
                HAHAHAHA did coe pay you to say that.
                F U... WTF is this closed Karankawa Lake and Greens? How they plan on closing public land?

James u heard about this???
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
                  Alright, so I know that everyone has their super secret duck hunting spots and don't want to even give a hint to where they are, but I am confused as to where everyone goes duck hunting in West Bay. I called to ask the game warden and he said that Karankawa Lake is now closed to duck hunting and the south west and west side of greens is also shut down. Those were the first two places I was going to try out, but now I guess not. Does anyone hunt on the south shoreline of the bay? If so where is it legal to the public? What about the north shoreline? I 'm not asking for your secret spots I just want to make sure I'm not illegally hunting.
                  I would like to know how a GW can close public water to hunting.

Comment

This is what pisses me off the most!...

This is a perfect example of Halls Bayou Ranch guys kissing and hugging the Game Wardens out there... The Game Wardens know it's legal to hunt in certain areas but HBR guys think they own everything out there! WRONG!

The Game Warden you probably talked to just told you to stay away from those areas because he doesn't want to get a phone call at 4AM when your navigating your boat up a PUBLIC WATERWAY!

Hunter Harassment is against the law!

So to answer your question...

Hunt in Greens Lake, Hunt in Karankawa Lake, the Barge Lake west of there just make sure your in a navigable waterway. PM me with any questions.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                    X