468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to SPI (South Padre Island) for a Tuna run - Hope the weather gods are nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to SPI (South Padre Island) for a Tuna run - Hope the weather gods are nice!

Heading to SPI on Thursday with some friends and hope that the weather calms down enough for us to go out Saturday for Yellow Fin, Dolphin and Wahoo! Currently they are saying 4-5 ft. seas, which sucks. If we can't make it offshore, we plan on wading or at least hit the jetties or surf. I will send a report from SPI if we hook up with whatever.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Safe travels! Hope the seas lay down for you and you whack em!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

love it down there...even the jetties can light it up for kings and tarpon in Sept towards the end of it...float a cigar or mullet and hang on!
      sigpic

Comment

Heading to SPI (South Padre Island) for a Tuna run - Hope the weather gods ar...

Good luck! I'll do my calm seas voodoo dance for you.
        And if it works you can save me a slice!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Go to Claytons beach bar during the day if u can.....
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

Mike, bring a surfboard!

Comment

Good luck and be safe

Comment

Have fun Mike. From what I hear you can't walk out on the jetty's because of repairs being made.
                A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Good luck Mike!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks guys, weather not looking good. I guess surf rods are coming! Beer drinking and playing board games might be our other option.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Here is the report. Not a damn thing, because the weather cancelled the trip. Wind was blowing NE around 35. We went to the surf on Friday and caught baby tarpon (lady fish) and 1 undersized red. Long trip for that, but it was nice to see a different beach and hang out with some friends.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

You had fun anyway didn't you??????? Sure hated not making it down to SPI this year.
                        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Sorry it wasn't what you hoped for, but at least you had fun.
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

At least you got to spend some time with friends. Looks like you have to plan another trip now...

Comment

Working...
                            X