West Bay report

Weather: Partly cloudy
    Wind: 15 to 20 southeast
    Bays: Rough
    Clarity: 12" in areas
    Water temp: 77
    Tides: 1 1/2' to 2' above normal
    Moon: Full

Met up with new Fishwestend member JT this morning at Sea Isle for a quick morning wade. We started off on 1 shell pad in West Bay where it was a little rough but we had slicks everywhere. It didn't take long to get the first Trout strung as I had one on the third cast from the boat. For the next hour I had some pretty steady action as I strung 8 Trout and lost 4 or 5 more on the grab. Trout this morning were all in the 20" range. Jt Strung to Trout and missedseveral more on the grab. All Trout caught on plum Assassins over shell with plenty of slicks in the area. Fished this area for 2 hours or so then hit one of my favorite coves along the south shoreline to check it out. We fish this cove for about 30 minutes before heading in. Didn't find anything in the cove worth reporting other than it won't be long . The coves are fishing to heat up!!!!!

Didn't get any pics today because of a dead bettery but JT did get one on his cell phone camera. Post it up Turner!!!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Nice outing,Congrats
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good job Greg!! I'll be up for a wade this weekend if I can get my boat to fit in the skinny places!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

If I could get a strong enough cell signal at SLP I would post it up!

Those were some nice fish this morning and not a bad stringer before 8 am. Moonpie and I hit that same spot Sat. morning with similar results; all coming early before taking a cruise checking the new and improved guts around SLP.

Comment

How are the guts looking JT, I drove SLP Saturday morning but didn't have my wading boots or bug spray and the swarms of kept me in the vehicle...

The wind was too strong Friday & Saturday night to really get a good look at the bars and tides didn't cooperate either with our time windows for gigging...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The way it looked to us was that the guts that were there prior to Ike, just got cleaned out deeper and are wider now; esp. the one from west bay to bird isle. The graphs I've seen showed that SLP was hit almost all by a North wind at 100mph+ ; and that would seem to have that effect that we saw, rather than sanding them in.

I thought it looked real good.

Comment

Excellent... We concentrate our gigging in a different area then your speaking of, we walk when we go so we drive to a spot and walk in... I need to get out there flounder run, bull reds, man I'm missin' out!

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                The way it looked to us was that the guts that were there prior to Ike, just got cleaned out deeper and are wider now; esp. the one from west bay to bird isle. The graphs I've seen showed that SLP was hit almost all by a North wind at 100mph+ ; and that would seem to have that effect that we saw, rather than sanding them in.

I thought it looked real good.

Man, thats what I was hoping for! The gut off the Rooster Collins Flat has been getting skinnier and skinnier over the last couple years.

Nice report Aqua...thanks for the info.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

ok..heres the picture of today; and the next one is the picture from last Thursday when AP came down for the night and the next morning wade. moonpie was going to make this trip but he over slept...oh well.

Comment

ooops. wrong lst picture, that one was also from last thursday.

heres the one from today:

Comment

Come on guys... Anyone else out there catching fish besides Aqua & JT? I need a new picture of the week!

Comment

nice fish guys.
                        michelle

Comment

Went for a Sunday AM wade, but haven't gotten the pictures out quite yet. I was a hella slow day out on Sportsman's.

Comment

Listening to JT makes one fall asleep.
                            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X