Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou Spill???

Chocolate Bayou Spill???
    Anyone heard or seen anything about the spill in Chocolate? heard on 610 outdoor show this morning there was a fish kill and lots of fresh and saltwater fish were floating... even flounders and they are on the bottom..
    Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

I haven't heard anything.

Lemme go look around for any news on-line.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Chocolate bayou Spill...

they posted on 2cool and said it was not a spill only fresh water surge from rain, but the guy that called in this morning said he saw redfish 20"+ flounder as well as freshwater fish like carp... i think this is some sort of coverup i really dont think fresh water would kill a big red esp. since TP&W gets $ from those chemical plants to keep them at bay and... not to mention they stock reds in fresh water lakes so how could that kill them...

Comment

That sucks, I hope it clears up soon.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

It might not be an actual spill from the chemical plants.

Whenever we get a big rain like that it causes a lot of rainwater run-off that contains pollution.
          It could be anything from anywhere.
          Fertilizer in fields, somewhere far upstream, even some home owner up Chocolate Bayou dumping something.
          It gets in the water way and causes fish kills.
          West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Interesting, because we had some funk in the canal yesterday. We are the first canal off the bay in Terramar and I saw several slicks of something. I am not sure if it traveled that far, but it caught my attention.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

As I reported on 2cool,

There was no chemical spill ..... this happened way up the bayou, north of Lutes

There are no chemical plants up there ...

TPWD said this happens every year, it was just late this year ...

They suspect it was an alge bloom from all the run off and mixed up nutrients from the fast moving water ...

The alge used up all the O2 in the water, and the fish died ...

But not from any kind of spill .... and there is no cover up

Don't believe me ???

Call the
              Tx Commision for Envriomental Quality
              512. 239.1000
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Here is good link talking about the water quality of Chcolate Bayou

Look on the 3rd page

Look what it says about other bayous/ inlets in our area
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                  Here is good link talking about the water quality of Chcolate Bayou

Look on the 3rd page

Look what it says about other bayous/ inlets in our area
                  this is good, all i wanted was feedback, and i got it...
                  when you came out with your first post it did not seem believable... more like a shut up and move on answer... but all i was going off of was the guy that called captin mickey this morning and he made it sound terrible... thanks for the research on this matter...

Comment

just dont eat any of the fish you catch for the next 3hrs... after that its all good... the chemicals get flushed out of there systems... its like if i eat 6 tacos from the taco van.. you just gotta wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
                      just dont eat any of the fish you catch for the next 3hrs... after that its all good... the chemicals get flushed out of there systems... its like if i eat 6 tacos from the taco van.. you just gotta wait it out.
                      1 beer per taco will "X" out anything bad from a taco truck!!
                      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

i wonder what the results of the test were...

Comment

Working...
                        X