Chocolate Bay/New Bayou/Halls Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay/New Bayou/Halls Lake

Fished on saturday 10-17 up in Chocolate. Its been a long time since I have been in there and now I know why. Fishing sucks there. Tried to stay out of the wind and spots were slim. Hit up the mouth of New Bayou and the shoreline all the way down into Halls Lake. Managed one 18" flounder and two 21" reds. Both came from the mouth of Halls Lake. Water was chocolate. Bunch of slimers by New Bayou. 007's favorite. Called it a day around 4. Back to matagorda for me.

At least you got out. Good job.

Comment

Thanks for the report Gilbert. Good try and some fish aint bad at all.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sneekypete got me out of there a while back ,if you want bigger trout stay in Gorda.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Just need to know where to look .....

This is the best time of year in Chocolate

Don't sit in spots that have all the fresh water coming out of it ...

You need to be on Reefs ....
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

[QUOTE=Muddskipper;37433]Just need to know where to look .....

Can you help a brother out and send me some colored maps?

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              Sneekypete got me out of there a while back ,if you want bigger trout stay in Gorda.

plan was to fish gorda but with the redfish tournament, I didn't want to be in the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                Just need to know where to look .....

This is the best time of year in Chocolate

Don't sit in spots that have all the fresh water coming out of it ...

You need to be on Reefs ....

tide was incoming seems like all day. tried the reefs but it was too tough with that wind howling like it was. white caps ain't fun. even pulled out the super spy binoculars and didn't see anyone pulling anything in.

Comment

Thanks for the report......Wind is gonna be kickin' all week and will switch back to the N on Thursday......
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

My neighbor caught their limit in Chocolate two weekends ago fishing over shell reefs. This weekend was a little different, they only managed 1 keeper red and a few small trout.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

There are no fish in Chocolate, they all leave the bay when the first cool front hits every year. They are gone already

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

there are also a ton of sharks up there after the lst cool front hits, always.

Comment

There are severel Indian tribes that camp by the mouth of New Bayou that will tear you up.
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I saw nessy in there too. wtf?

Comment

Working...
                              X