Trinity Sat the 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Sat the 17th

Meet up with ole pal Steve and his son and launch out of the Goo Hole in Trinity Sat morn around 0630. My 1st time out of the Hell hole and me last. We had a out going tide that just keep going. Our plan was with the N-NE winds to try and make a productive day around Reds Bayou-Jacks Pocket or even the Anahuac Pocket. The wind / tide and even the lack of bait was killing us. It was the last Tourney of the year for Bayer where Steve works and his son and I were his guest! Our only hope was around the dam Spillway were thousand of folks go. Sure a few fish can and will show up but mercy the silly you must put up with. We chunked all baits as it was an open Tournement, seems my new Brown Lures worked the best for me with a gum ball jig head. We must have landed 20-25 Trout and numerous little Reds. Scratched out a few keepers for the weigh in.. which was at 3pm, we had a real hard time finding water to even get back to the channels to this Goo Goo Hole. Hoping I didn't foul my motor head with all the mud I put through her, did find a nice knot on the bottom from bumping something when cleaning her up. Wasn't our day but a good time was had and learn the Goo Hole Blows "in my opinion"! We missed the weigh in b/c of the low tide, it was the Chits!
    WT=66 deg's
    Wind=N.NE. @ 15-20 kts
    Water Clarity=Zip, except near the deeper water at the Spillway
    Visible Bait=Zip
    3 keeper Trout - 1 Keeper Red - 1 keeper Flounder
    Love those Brown Lures= Hooked
    Sorry no Pic's, unless Steve took some!

Happy Catching!
    wd

Great report Bluewaver. Sounds like some mud chugging. Sorry ya missed the wiegh-in, but sounds like ya did pretty good on the water.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sorry to hear you missed the weight in, but thanks for the report.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

at least you got out Walt

Comment

Way to get out there and get your stink on Walt!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks guys, it really was not my cup of tea so to speak, crusing through those sharp turns and nearly running into another boat or vise visa...
            It's Thompsons or the Anahuac Park for me now on! Wish I had a Pic to share!

Fish Hard and Fish Safe,
            wd

Comment

try roseland park to put in next time. good ramp and no traffic

i've got a few really good spots in trinity for this time of year.

Comment

Thanks for the report..Too bad on the weigh in.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                X