Flounder Restocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder Restocking

So, have any of you guys participated in the TPWD flounder round up at the TC dike?

It's where they get 100 fishermen together and they bring in live flounder for the Sea Center in Lake Jackson, so they cen be used in the flounder restocking program.

Well due to Hurricane Ike they can not do it this year because of the current conditions in that area......

Well, something is in the works, and this is the 1st forum to get the news.....and it will happen on the West End !!!

Chester Moore and myself had a conversation this morning, and hopefully we will be able to announce something later this week.....

Keep watching and mark your calenders for November 15th
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Sweet!!!!! Keep us posted on this.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

MuddSkipper... Who can I talk to or speak with to see if the West End Anglers can help in anyway with sponsoring or helpinging with this great cause.

I am a big supporter of the flounder restocking and I think I speak for many of our members when I say we'd be honored to help in any way.

Thanks,

Coe-
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        MuddSkipper... Who can I talk to or speak with to see if the West End Anglers can help in anyway with sponsoring or helpinging with this great cause.

I am a big supporter of the flounder restocking and I think I speak for many of our members when I say we'd be honored to help in any way.

Thanks,

Coe-
        I've got an early season ski trip in Tahoe planned for then........it all depends on the snow.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

007 you better be helping with this thing

On a serious note though. This is a wonderful cause to get involved in and I encourage any and all of our members and their families to "Save the Date" as we work out the details as they become available.

Its opportunities like these we must take advantage of to provide years of continued fishing for generations to come!

Comment

Just spoke with Robert Adami, and it looks like things area go .....

We are getting the truck, for hauling the flounder and all the logistics worked out.

The event will take place at Lutes Marine on Chocolate Bayou.....

There will be a tournament to go along with it....but you don't have to be in the tournament to bring in FLOUNDER
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

What size flounder are you looking for? Does everything brought in for the restocking program have to be of legal size? There have been many nights I've gone out to SLP and could have gathered up a few hundred juvenile flounder no bigger than my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                Just spoke with Robert Adami, and it looks like things area go .....

We are getting the truck, for hauling the flounder and all the logistics worked out.

The event will take place at Lutes Marine on Chocolate Bayou.....

There will be a tournament to go along with it....but you don't have to be in the tournament to bring in FLOUNDER
                Sure hope it's on my day off...I'm out of vacation!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Skipper is C. Moore gonna do anything with the trip that weekend? Have not heard from him lately.

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                    Skipper is C. Moore gonna do anything with the trip that weekend? Have not heard from him lately.

AQUA PIMP
                    I brought it up.....so I expect him too......it would work well for an auction item....or even a raffel item, where the proceds go to the flounder program.

Lets see what happens
                    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Wow, this is great news Mudskipper!
                      I need a date and Im going to hope it is a day that I am off of work as
                      I am out of vacation days for the year. It would be a pleasure to meet
                      everyone and maybe get a autograph from Chester. I really respect him.
                      The only thing better would be if the wild man Ted Nudgent showed up as well.
                      Thanks for the news and let us know about a date.
                      Bert
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Bert, its Nov. 15

Comment

I'll do what I can as long as I am not working, which as of now I am not.

I LOVE FLAT FISH!!!!!! Haha!

But seriously, it is a great cause and anyone who can should come out.
                          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I'd be interested in participating. Please post details when you get them.

What does this involve? Got a 7-year old and a 5-year old who might be interested in coming, if that's appropriate, or I'd leave them at home if they'd be in the way.

Comment

I'll be going Flounder Gigging the night before, except instead of a gig I'll have a net

Curious whats the best way to keep flounder alive?

Comment

Working...
                              X