Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EI 296 (apache)

(I received this in an e-mail)

This is one of our production platforms. They believe it was hit by a drifting drilling rig during the storm but they are not sure. Looks like it got pretty hot on the second deck. The second picture shows a platform right beside it, they used to have a bridge connecting both structures. I'm really not sure what the company is going to do but I would think they are just going to scrap the whole thing.
    Attached Files
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

1 more photo...
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't think I'll be hooking up to that rig any time soon.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Looks like they hit a gas pocket drilling, but that's a production platform so it's really not feasible. Only God knows what happened to that rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
          Looks like they hit a gas pocket drilling, but that's a production platform so it's really not feasible. Only God knows what happened to that rig.
          What ever happened......that rig got HOT!!!!!
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

En Fuego...

Comment

Wonder how it caught fire? Im sure they shut down production while the rig was evacuated. Some how some of the gas must have came to the surface and ignited (pretty easy when it isnt under control) Too bad for them, I'm just glad I wansnt on that platform when it caught fire.

Question, would you rather bravethe 20 ft Cat 2 hurricane seas or take your chances on the platform?

I think I would have jumped.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Jumped.... but they had 30-40' seas bro!

Comment

dang, 30'-40' That makes sense since they are off shore a good ways.
                  "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Company I used to work for lost some facilities on EI 330...probably about 15% of production...

Comment

Glad my old company's well tied to Apache's EI 281A depleted-bet that one is down also.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X