Watch out Spikey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out Spikey

Well the wife and I are leaving early in the morning to head up. I'll be after the big spike once more and she is going to do a little horseback riding. Has the makings for a great weekend. Wish the rain had cleared out up there sooner, or we'd head out this evening.

Sure hope Mr. Spike gives me another go, I got something for his arse this time......
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Quit we hunting spikey,GOOD LUCK!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I hope uncle 8 point comes to see ya!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good luck!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Third times a charm! Good Luck!

Comment

Go get 'em Derek. Should be fine weather out there. Hope it dries up a bit.

Comment

Well Bounty you get him this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Well Bounty you get him this trip?
                Nope, Spikey didn't come out to play, but I did have a very exciting hour or so Saturday morning. A big 7 with well over a 13" spread came in to my right and laid down 40 yards away. Two problems with that, he was at 40 yards and I was hunting my longbow which is too slow for that range and he was over my right shoulder which mean I'd have to get completely turned around to even try a shot. He just laid there for an hour or so in the sun, then got up and walked off into the thick stuff. Try standing perfectly still for an hour, I hurt.....but it is a good hurt. He never knew just how close to being dead he was. When he came into the clearing he stopped about 30yds right in front of my rifle blind and looked around. Hope he does that again in a couple of weeks.

Yan, here are a couple of pictures of what the hogs did to the bait holes. I put the stuff we had cooking in them before I left. I also got that stand moved and it looks good (I think). Also take a look at what came in after we left that Sunday evening. He had the making for a really good buck and that 13 inch restriction might just give him a couple of years. I judge him at about 11 inches right now.
                Attached Files
                Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice hunt bounty,Yeh that deer looks like he needs a little more to get out past them ears.

Comment

Here are a couple more of him......
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck... 2 more years on the bread basket buck..
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                        Good luck... 2 more years on the bread basket buck..
                        I agree Hogie hes young give him a couple more years.

Comment

I'm more than willing to let him walk a couple more years, but if he is 13" next year he will be lucky to make it because we are so close to public land. I hope he makes it this year as I'm worried there will be a lot of buck like him that are shot first and measured second. I have my fingers crossed he make is till at least next year.

Comment

I hear that bounty you better get him before they do ,cause you no the other hunters will shot him the miniut they see him.

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                              I hear that bounty you better get him before they do ,cause you no the other hunters will shot him the miniut they see him.
                              Naw not in east Texas those ol boys are all conservatives.
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X