Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi all, good site you have here. Let me introduce myself. I'm Adam I am 26 years old married for over 3 years and have a 22 month old boy. I've been fishing Galveston for the past few years, but only recently got into it with full force. I just moved down to The Woodlands, Spring area about a year ago. Luckily my in-laws own property in Jamaica beach right on the canal. I get to fish quite a bit and it has become my favorite hobby/passion. I have quite a bit to learn, as I still consider myself new to fishing especially saltwater. I recently got a Shimano Symetre 4000FJ on a 6ft 6inch castaway medium action spinner rod, I absolutely love the rig, it is extremely smooth and durable. I plan on purchasing a baitcast as I progress. I spend most of my time when I am there either wade fishing or drinking a beer running a trout rig across the canal. My goal is to increase my knowledge and experience, I look forward to picking up some tips and tricks from the rest of you veteran guys. My current goal/obsession is Flounder! I was wading out at Sportsmans road not long ago and picked up a decent 15 inch and a 18inch. I hope to go next week and pick up some nice ones. Got any spots I should try?? Lures?

Anyways glad to be here. Good luck out there.

Adam

Welcome, you will learn alot from this site. Do not hesitate to ask questions, like the ones you did.

Flounder are starting to really move, so find a cove on the south shorline and jump in. I will not speak for the others, but I have had most of my flounder caught on a 1/4 oz jig head with plastics (TTF or Salt Water Assasissan Plum and Chart.) My wife has been doing really well with a 1/4 oz or 3/8 oz using new penny or electric chicken gulp (3 inch). Good luck out there and post some reports when you catch something.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of good people with the same passion for fishing. I have a place in Sea Isle. I look forward to meeting you sometime soon. This group has a get together once in a while. Last one was at Hooters in Clear Lake about a month ago. If you like flounder, this month and next are the best times of the year. Good luck.
      If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Welcome Adam Newbie to Newbie
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome Adam!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

David, good to see a post from you. How are you doing, let's get together and get the line wet sometime.

Originally posted by GreenTide View Post
            Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of good people with the same passion for fishing. I have a place in Sea Isle. I look forward to meeting you sometime soon. This group has a get together once in a while. Last one was at Hooters in Clear Lake about a month ago. If you like flounder, this month and next are the best times of the year. Good luck.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Explorer21, thanks for the greetings, and tips. You are right on what I plan on trying next time I head out. I have a few different plastics in my box that I plan on giving a try. I was told once that lures are made for fisherman and not fish, and I think in alot of cases that is true. So I try and stick to what has worked for me or others. That being said I have been working with a few different artificials to really get a feel on how to work them and get a sense for what they look like under water.

One thing I am missing from my box is a decent spoon. Anyone have any suggestions?

In regards to shrimp artificials, I have been using Gulp 3-4 inch, or Norton Lures Shrimp. I just picked up a pack of Creme's Killer Diller shrimp on accident... I had my son with me and grabbed them thinking they were DOA. Any brands, colors, or sizes you guys recommend for say Flounder, Spec, or Reds?

For Specs especially in the canal I drag that Speckline Trout rig quite a bit and have decent success. I'll also throw some artificial shrimp and mix it up to see what is working. Anyways once again glad to be a part. For those of you fishing the tournament tomorrow good luck to you, and have fun.

Comment

welcome to fwe..cool site...enjoy
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Welcome Aboard
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome to FWE!

Comment

Welcome over.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

welcome adam.there are a great bunch of guys on this site willing to give you pointers and all.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome Adam. You're making me feel old being 1 year older and having a 2 yr old kid

That whole Jamaica Beach area is good. I like to drift fish and throw gulp jerk shads and topwaters. It's all about that grass Let me know if you need company anytime, I'm on the island too.

Comment

Welcome!!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                              Welcome Adam. You're making me feel old being 1 year older and having a 2 yr old kid

That whole Jamaica Beach area is good. I like to drift fish and throw gulp jerk shads and topwaters. It's all about that grass Let me know if you need company anytime, I'm on the island too.
                              I'm planning on doing some damage this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X