468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see no Red!! 10-24 Diversionary / etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see no Red!! 10-24 Diversionary / etc...

Started out this morning before daylight. Stopped in the diversionary to let it get a little lighter and wound up catching about 50 or 60 Specs on a strong incoming tide -- probably ten or so of which were keepers. ( only kept 6 or 7 to eat ) One of the ones released was probably a little over 5 pounds -- don't have the heart to kill the big ones. My nephew caught three flounder to 22 inches along with his share of the specs. In the midst of all of this we caught 4 or 5 rat reds to about 18 inches. Left the canal after around 9 and ran to one of my regular spots in Karankawa --- water in there was really fresh and red. Made a cast up against the grass and the drag took off!! Thought sure I had big red --- turned out to be a sheephead 6 or 7 lbs --- crap! Moved around from there and hit a few spots on the way back to the dock without much action. The tide was just right so I stopped around the pipes in the diversionary on the way back and picked up 5 or 6 more specks and lost the only keeper red of the day at the boat -- I gotta start using a net more! Most all of the fish were caught on topwaters before the sun got up good and Gulp new penny after that. I'll post some pics of the catch tomorrow -- my arse is tired!! It was nice meeting a few of you at the weigh in today -- hope to see you guys again soon.

Point of clarification --- IBTSOOM = It beats the S... out of me.. just in case any of the rest of you were wondering where my weird a.. name came from.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Glad to here you got out and got some stank on ya.. Thanks for the read..
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice to meet you.....It was a great day out there!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Yep, it was IBTSOOMing me what your moniker stood for.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Pleasure meeting you the other day, its nice to understand your "screen name" now

Great one!

I saw a sheepshead in Karankawa the day of the tournament... glad you were able to get her to bite! HMMMMM Good!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thank you for the report and the explanation. Sometimes a user name does make you stop and wonder "what the heck !? ".
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I see now
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                X