Vingt-et-un islands, 10-24, sat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vingt-et-un islands, 10-24, sat.

Saturday was predicted to be a nice weather day, and figuring alot of fishermen would be out in force, I headed to the Smith Point area. Launched my kayak at 8 AM from the Flamingo [ I think } campgrounds. Standing tide until about 11 AM, then falling until around 7:30 PM. Variable 8 MPH or less wind to about 11 AM, then ESE, SE, to 10 MPH and late , late afternoon to 13 MPH. Water 6-8 " visibility, tea colored, some areas better or worse . Clear to partly cloudy, 60's in the morning, high in lower 70's. Fished a grass lined shore with a gulp after crossing the deep old Trinity River canal and landed 2 12" reds and a small flounder. Fished all around the main reef stretching into Trinity Bay, shallow to deep and back, spook jr. mullet, top dog pink, pink mirrolure snake dancer, soft plastic, gold spoon. Enough bait , but when the tide started going out, there was an incredible amount of fin fish being sucked over the shell reef, all splashing and popping, making a racket. If any game fish were around I couldn't find them. Also fished a small U shaped shell Island with light mud bottom and 1-3 feet of water. During the 12:30 PM minor feeding period, flounder were feeding- saw 2 nice big ones fly out of the water. Crab crawled around there sitting sideways on the kayak, using gulp. Lost 5 flounder , 2 were good size { 20 or more inches}, threw the jighead. So maddening ! Later in the afernoon, I fished the geotubes south of the reefs. The geotubes have about 5 breeches and I fished each on the outfall side. Lost more flounder and some small trout on my jighead, so switched to a pearl / chart corky. Had 2 nice size trout { not schoolies} tear out the hooks. Landed one 14" flounder and 14 " trout on the corky. Drove away at 7 PM. Frustrating day loosing those fish. I took pictures with my new camera, but come to find out that my pixel default setting is too high for attachments. Next time. Not that I had anything to show off, but had some sunrise/set pics, and some of my pitiful catches, and reefs, grass cove. Still had a wonderful day on the water and wished for more.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice report. It was beautiful out there on Saturday glad you got a chance to get out and enjoy it.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the detailed report!

Comment

Thanks for the report plugger!
        Try downloading irfanview at http://www.irfanview.com/ and using the conversion feature to condense the pics to any size you want and you can attach them. It is a great program to view and edit photos.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Plugger.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks IMHAMMER for that. I'll try that. I'm new at the picture via e-mail thing , so anything helps. Right now my home computer is having problems. I can try my office one tommorrow.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Pictures

Belated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Pictures

Belated
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pictures

Belated
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X