10/24 - Cold Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/24 - Cold Pass

Launched out of X-mas w/ my little brother to glass like conditions Sat morning. Hit up various spots up and down Cold Pass and picked up 3 specks all around 18 inches.. they were all nice and fat... and 1 20in flounder weighing in at 3lbs.

Highlight of the day was driving along the north shoreline and stalled out in a ft of mud/grass... b/f i could use the trolling motor to get out i see a flounder launch clear into the air.. i jump out and try to get it but w/ the grass filtering out the water it was gin clear and the flounder zipped away when i got too close. before i walked back to the boat i saw little marsh about 20ftx20ft in the back and something was rooting round n scaring the crap outta bait so i walk to the edge and watched a red acting like a little puppy chasing a bone.. so i casted out to it and twitched a couple times. BAM. got a nice red just shy at 19inches....

Had a great day.. noticed the tide was falling from 9am when we got there till 2pm when we left. the water temp was at 69 degrees but much warmer on mud.. just couldnt locate any flounder... i was suprised they were not stacked by the dropoffs or on the mud flats. the one i saw jump out was the only one on the whole mud/grass flat which i thought was odd.. usually they follow each other at this time of year..
    Attached Files

Thank's for the report, guys.
    Last edited by plugger; October 26, 2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Man we must have passed you a coupla times workin' on the Ghost Camp. Next time flag us down and we'll tie up and have a brew like in the song, "Redneck Yacht Club".

Yep, lookin' at the pics I can see that sailboat in the background. First time I ever saw a sail out there.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nice report guys.....Thanks!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

goood report!!cold pass is the*&%#*
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

I with Sandy, I must have passed you going into X-mas on Saturday during the tourny. I saw several yaks around 1:00 or so, I am sure you were one that I saw. Sorry if I was moving along about 40, but time was a ticking and I had to try and scratch out another red before the weight in.

Thanks for the report!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

nice report.congrats on the catch
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Slyell. Nice report and pics.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report. Better to be fishing than working like I was.
                  Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Working...
                  X