Bastrop/San Louis Flounder 25 OCT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastrop/San Louis Flounder 25 OCT

Started out late on Sunday morning on the water around 930. Put in at the KOA ramp at San Louis pass. That area between the launch and the cut leading out of the harbor area is really shallow by the way. The tide was out going and the water muddy/sandy but some visibility and the sky was partly cloudy with winds out of the S/SE 15 to 20 knts

Anchored on the north side of cut between Bastrop and San Louis Pass and started wading and working a new penny gulp jerkshad along the bottom. I worked the retrieve slow at first with no takers then I started picking up the pace. I finally got to a moderate twitching retrieve before picking up any flounder at around 1030 or so and that was the ticket for the rest. I fished until 1230 catching 6 fish and keeping 4 from 16.5 to 20 inches. The fish where in 2 to 3 foot of water 10 to 30 feet off the bank. Sorry No pics my wife likes to break cameras.lol

Spoke with another boat who were working some of the smaller streams into the marshes and they picked up two slot reds and had picked up some specs that morning in the same cut but on opposite side at the mouth to the pass. They were fishing soft plastics with chartreuse tails.

Most of the boats I spoke with said it was slow because of the winds but it turned out to be a good day to feel a pull and drink a few PBRs.

"PUT IT IN THEIR MOUTH!"
    Electric Mullet

Great Job -- I picked a crappy day to lay on the couch!!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Good going!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

good report...that hole holds some flatties for sure...
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

great report. Keep em coming. For us that aint been lately, it sure is nice to see someone catching and fishing.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

i am lost were is the spot between bastrop and san luis. Is that a small?
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
              I havent showed you that long bank that runs over there?Its a little ride though.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post

Go to maps.google.com and zoom in on bastrop bay, you will see it.

Comment

Good report !! Thanks !!
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X