flounder pounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flounder pounder

anyone use them?? any luck?? never tried any because they are a little to expesnsive for me..
    Boats and hoes.

Originally posted by caz View Post
    anyone use them?? any luck?? never tried any because they are a little to expesnsive for me..
    Zac, PM me your address I got handed probably 20 packages during the 1st Lutes Marine Tournament and have yet to use 1 whole bag... Got a few you can try out...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have used them without too much luck. IMO, the back trebel is too small, and is too easy for a flattie to shake out (hard enough to keep them on the line with normal-size hooks!)

I just use a 3' gulp shrimp on 1/4oz head. I love gulps for flounder, once they hit it they aren't letting go unless you pull it away.

I also like the Yum samurai curltails. They are cheaper than gulps, and have better action. I tip them with a small strip of squid to help give them some scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
        I have used them without too much luck. IMO, the back trebel is too small, and is too easy for a flattie to shake out (hard enough to keep them on the line with normal-size hooks!)

I just use a 3' gulp shrimp on 1/4oz head. I love gulps for flounder, once they hit it they aren't letting go unless you pull it away.

I also like the Yum samurai curltails. They are cheaper than gulps, and have better action. I tip them with a small strip of squid to help give them some scent.
        I throw the samurai curltails in my MilkJug special mayo jar and charge them up! Dual purpose bro!!

Comment

They have no action, hang up easy and are a pain to get out if a fish swallows it. Its one of my Dads favorite lures, cant figure out why haha.

Gulps are deadly for flounder like MJ said, any small paddle tail tandem rigged is good too.

Comment

Started using the Yum C tails since there is no action on the Gulps and didn't like the colors available at Academy. Had good luck with the Yums and cheaper and stronger. For flounder I did add a trailer treble and went with a sturdier rod to drive the hook.

Comment

flounder pounder is okay..gulp and curlytails are deadly for flounder..

Comment

Gulp shrimp or swimming mullet for me also.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I've wasted too much money on these things and I always get hung up on everything other than flounder...
                  sigpic

Comment

New Penny Gulp is the ticket for Flounder. Never had much luck on the flounder pounder. I have alot of them that were given to me over the years. They never get used the gulp works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X