west bay fly fishing guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west bay fly fishing guide

I was asked to recommend a guide for west bay, specifically fly fishing. I know most of the guides from POC southward, but I don't know of anyone that can take a client out fly fishing in West or Chrismas bay, perhaps as far south even as Matagorda.

Any ideas on a guide that can be recommended? I'm not a guide but would just take the guy out myself as a favor, but I'm going to be out of town. I hear the client is an avid Colorado fly fisherman that is renting a house in G-town for a week and just wants to hit the salt for a day or two. Supposed to be a very nice individual who is a good fisherman.

Thanks,

I'm a big fly guru but don't have a guides license... I'd take him out depending upon the dates just for fun excuse for me to go chase tail
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to find out the dates he is going to be there.

I hear he is a very nice guy and decent fly fisherman, just out of his element as far as the salt is concerned. He's a friend of one of my clients, who is a stand up good guy. I'm a big time fly guy myslef, fishing out of Pirates mostly. Also keep a boat in S. Texas, Arroyo city. We hammered the reds pretty good last saturday on the long rods in west bay. I'll be there again this weekend poling the flats and north shore....

Thanks again for the offer - I'll let you know what I hear.

Comment

I fly fish in Pirates religiously we got a place over there too... All 3 of my largest trout have been on fly and trust me I got the boat that will get skinny if need be

I learned up in Arkansas and have fished Colorado, New Mexico & Utah... Nothing like pulling in a 33" Trout though on Fly
        Last edited by WestEndAngler; October 28, 2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Steve Soule is the best IMO, the "Pimp" has his number.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Coe still cant get chasing that tail out of his system after last night. dammm son

Comment

shhh JT shhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                Steve Soule is the best IMO, the "Pimp" has his number.
                Good to hear there's a good guide that will take you fly fishing, Kenny does he book trips regularly? I called Greg earlier when he gets back to me I'll get his number. thanks for posting this info.

Comment

I think he does Coe. There just aren't that many guys that guide specifically for the long rod. I think it's Steve Soule "The Shallowist".
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Steve Soule AKE the Shallowist 281-352-6289. Capt. Steve knows his fly fishing.

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I guess that all this talk about me means that I have to come out of retirement. Need to re-up licenses, but we could go anytime in Pimp's boat and wade fish. Number above is correrct to reach me, or call Pimp. We are in constant comunication these days and fishing together a lot!
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                        I guess that all this talk about me means that I have to come out of retirement. Need to re-up licenses, but we could go anytime in Pimp's boat and wade fish. Number above is correrct to reach me, or call Pimp. We are in constant comunication these days and fishing together a lot!
                        H*ll, I think i should be invited. I did recommend you!
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Kenny, I'm good. will make it up to you, and thanks for the recomendation. I hate to sound dumb, but do I know you?
                          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I'm jackin' with ya bro, but I will go fishing.
                            I met you a few times at the Holder show. I was in the Kistler booth or the SCA booth across the way, and I wanted to learn fly fishing.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I love fly fishing. If your ever wanting to go out give me a shout. After duck season I'll be finally putting my poling platform on my rig been diverting funds elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X