Corky's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corky's

what is the most effective way to work a corky and what depth. I fish them fairly often but havent had any luck yet. Are they only for big trout?

Corky told me i should try them in a swimming pool first to understand how that work. I havent done it yet but who knows.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Fish them like a jig, but slower. Try different speed and cadences in the retrieve until you find what works. You will catch trout from 8" and up on them.
      Rule of thumb is the colder thewater is the slower you work it. In feb, you will have to work it as slow as you can make yourself to get them to hit it.
      Good luck!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

no they aren't only for big trout. Kinda like a topwater. It gives you a better chance of catching a big fish but any hungry trout will go after it
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

some people fish them year round but for me they are most effective once the winter pattern sets in so dont give up on them yet
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

thanx 2 all of u hope to be posting a 30in. on here soon lol

Comment

I am no expert, but what I have found with Corkys is that you need to find the depth that the fish are wanting them. Since they sink so slowly this is very easy to do, by just letting them sink a little longer, and changing your rod angle. I normally use them on the flats, and try to match the contours of the bottom.

Comment

Working...
              X