Deep Fried Whole Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Fried Whole Chicken

Hey folks, If You are tired of turkey you can deep fry your whole chickens in your turkey fryer 7 minutes a pound at 325 degrees and it's perfect. Injected and all.
    Beandaddy

or try a prime rib roast. mmm mmmm mmm.

Comment

When our daughter was 2 years old , she's 21 now , i tried deep frying a big baking hen since everyone was talking about deep frying turkey . I did it in the kitchen on the electric stove . I got the biggest pot i had , got the peanut oil hot and slipped in the chicken . Now , i had eyeballed the hen to oil displacement for that pot . I do not recommend doing that now . The oil cascaded out of the pot quickly covering the stove top and burst into flames . It was like your kids school project ....look , a replica of dante's inferno ! Cool dad ! Our small child thought it all was rather exciting and that the lake of fire was a normal part of the process . Our father / daughter bonding came to an abrupt end when the " worrier " shrieked from the room past the see through bar scaring the wits out of us . The fear in my wife's voice was contagious . Bellowing " run , blair , run " , our daughter darted down the narrow space between the school project and the bar instead of backing away to safety in the family room where the wife was wild eyed and spewing words at me that no 2 year child has a right to hear . Upon seeing the now panicked child with flames licking over her head running the wrong way , the war department loudly instructed , " no , the other way " ! . Daddy's precious applied the brakes just as she had cleared the danger zone , did a smart about face , and charged back through the gates of hell to the dismay of you know who . This all happened faster than it took to write . The wife scooped up blair , held her tightly , then retreated to our bedroom and safety spitting out , " i'm not cleaning up that mess , you are " ! While this was taking place , i was trying to remember about grease fires and containment . I finally smothered the belching flames , cleaned up the charred remains and reignited the pot flame satisfied the danger was behind me . It was then that my red faced darling popped out of her den long enough to question my sanity with the contiunued cooking . I forcefully countered that all was in control now and i could continue the cooking process safely . Standing your ground and trying to be convincing is harder with burnt and smoldering eyebrows , but with clenched jaws and obvious premeditated murder on her mind , my bride stalked back to her lair .

The deep fried hen in the end was a triumph . The wrath of the woman took months to fade .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I can almost see you directing all that doc....

Comment

That story really had me laughing. Thanks, I needed that.

The next time we go fishing together (and I am far away from my darling bride), remind me to tell you about the great wok and popcorn fire of 1993.

JYC
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

great story.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Deep fry out side folks LOL
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Where's the excitement in that !?
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WOW. Funny story, plugger. Be careful!

Comment

That was hilarious! Well done, literally.

Comment

LMAO! I always knew you were nuts!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Beandaddy View Post
                        Hey folks, If You are tired of turkey you can deep fry your whole chickens in your turkey fryer 7 minutes a pound at 325 degrees and it's perfect. Injected and all.
                        Beandaddy
                        7 minutes a pound seems like a long time even at 325...I do turkeys at 350 about 3:30 minutes a pound...trying not to state the obvious...Does a 5-7lb chicken take that much longer per pound than a 16-18lb turkey? Or do you just like it extra crispy?

Comment

Great story Henry. Did she ban you from cooking for life?

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                            7 minutes a pound seems like a long time even at 325...I do turkeys at 350 about 3:30 minutes a pound...trying not to state the obvious...Does a 5-7lb chicken take that much longer per pound than a 16-18lb turkey? Or do you just like it extra crispy?
                            I started this thread to give info on frying whole chickens, but it got hi-jacked. That is the time and temperature for whole chickens. If You cook them like a turkey the thighs will be raw.
                            Beandaddy

Comment

Originally posted by Beandaddy View Post
                              I started this thread to give info on frying whole chickens, but it got hi-jacked. That is the time and temperature for whole chickens. If You cook them like a turkey the thighs will be raw.
                              Beandaddy
                              sorry , bro , guilty as charged . Your thread just reminded me of my deep frying fail .

Comment

Working...
                              X