cajun pickled quail eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cajun pickled quail eggs?

Hello everyone.Anyone have a recipe for cajun pickled quail eggs?I just picked up some eggs and need some help making this recipe.I used to eat them in a little place in Harvey,LA. and now I would like to make my own.Any help is appreciated,Christopher.

Here's a recipe for ya:

Pickling Ingredients: 25 boiled quail eggs, 1 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, 3/4 teaspoon dill seed, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 3 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed. 1/2 teaspoon onion juice, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic. For hot pickled quail eggs add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper or any Louisiana Hot Sauce. For fire HOT add more red pepper or hot sauce.

First thing you need to do is check for cracked eggs.
    Then soak your eggs in warm water for a few minutes and clean.
    Place eggs in a pan, cover with cold water (at least 1" above the eggs).
    Bring water to a rolling boil before removing from heat.
    Allow eggs to stand in hot water for 10 minutes.
    Gently stir them occasionally to prevent the yolk from settling to one side.
    Drain water and cover eggs with white vinegar (at least 1" above the eggs).
    Stir the eggs every few hours.
    After 12 hours the shells should have dissolved in the vinegar leaving the membrane on the egg.
    Rinse the eggs thoroughly and peel them.
    Then rinse them again and place them in a 1 quart canning jar.
    Place pickling ingredients in a pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
    Pour the pickling liquid into the quart jar, completely covering the eggs.
    When the eggs and mixture have cooled, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thank you so much Robalo.I have been looking for this recipe for awhile now.I want to do about four dozen for Thanksgiving.Appreciate it,Christopher.

Comment

Dem cajun eggs can be real spicy if ya add enuf hot sauce!! My buddy Thibodeaux's eggs almost burn ya! Enjoy.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Hey Robalo,thanks once again for the recipe.I added some carrots,cauliflower,serannos,garlic,onion and little smokies to them as well.Here are some pics,Christopher.
          Attached Files

Comment

Man that looks soooo good!!! Nice.

Comment

those look gassy!!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X