Jones / Diversionary 11-7-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones / Diversionary 11-7-09

Left out at about 7 this morning with my 8 year old. Figured we'd see what we could do before the wind got up. Messed around in the marsh on the bayou side of Jones and in and around the mouth of the diversionary. Water was high but beautiful! Caught lots of flounder, trout and reds just not many that were keepers. Everything on Artificial -- Mostly gulp but I also threw a spinner bait for a while which seemed to work just as well today. On the way back in I made my usual stop by the pipes in the diversionary. My son hooked on to something (suspect a red) that just about spooled him. Got off right at the boat but we didn't get to see it. He was heartbroken!! I felt terrible for him. I lost something pretty nice right after he did and after that we called it a day. Going to see if we can catch some keeper trout tonight under the lights behind the house to make up for the big one that he lost.
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Looks like a good time with the little one. Nothing better than that!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Handsome boy. Must take after his mom. HA !!
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Better than I did here at work today.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          Thanks for the report !! Handsome boy. Must take after his mom. HA !!
          My wife said you hit it on the head.. and you're her new favorite person! I'm gonna go put a bag on my head now..
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Now that's a Great Report / with Pic's...

Cool to the Bone,

I have a 4 yr old Grandson that is just about ready for his 1st real fishing trip..

Thanks for sharing,
            wd

Comment

Cool -glad ya started him early-soon he'll be guiding us fishing.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Way to put him on the fish! At that age they get bored pretty quick if they're not catching anything. Good going and nice pics!

Comment

nice job man! great report.

Comment

Working...
                  X