Halls Bayou 12/29/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halls Bayou 12/29/2013

Grandma babysat our new granddaughter so I could take my son Josh and daughter-in-law Alex down to Halls yesterday to see if we could get a few more crappie. We caught plenty of crappie but most were undersized. It was still a good day for Alex's first fishing trip. She caught a bunch of fish as the bass were all over the crappie jigs and some pretty good ones too. All in all we ended up with 3 crappie and also kept 3 of the bass for the frying pan, so I'm calling it a very sucessful day all the way around. Josh caught the two biggest bass and Alex also caught a small flounder to round out things. My biggest thrill of the day was when a Red in the 25 inch class hit my crappie jig on my ultralite with 4lb mono. It was a very long fight and I chased him with the boat but he finally won by wrapping me up on something on the bottom. I think if I had landed him he would be going on the wall....LOL Oh and I should mention that Alex caught all her fish on one of my flyrods rigged with a crappie reel which made things exciting for her. Here are some of the picture from the day.
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Great day Derek!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for sharing ! Got some fish with a good time .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice....looks like fun.

Comment

you da man!
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Looks like y'all had a great day..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, the kids caught most of the fish as I was playing guide most of the day. I really wanted Alex to have a super first fishing trip and I think she did.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
              X