West Bay report

Weather: Clear
    Wind: 15 to 18 northeast
    Bays: Rough
    Clarity: 6"
    Water temp: 76
    Tides: 1 1/2' above normal

Report:
    The last couple of days the wind has really put a hurt on the numbers of Trout we have been catching. Yesterday we had 7 or 8 and then again today we had 7 or 8 Trout. Today I couldn't even hit any mid bay reefs because of the chop and clarity. Decided to work over one of the coves that was somewhat protected from the northeasterly winds. The cove had plenty of bait activity and a few flocks of gulls working over schoolie Trout around the small drains that entered into the cove. My dad decided to hit the birds and work over the smaller Trout trying to scratch out some keepers inwhich he did. I think he ended up with 4 around 16". I decided to head for the surface bait out towards the middle which paid off for me with a solid 25" Trout that was released. I had 2 more pretty good blowups on the bone Super Spook but did not connect on them.
    on the way back to 2004 we hit one of the reefs in Chocolate that coughed up two Trout to 18" and that was it. The water in Chocolate out by the ICW is definatly fishable if this wind would ever lay. Everything else is pretty nasty. We did cut one wade down by New Bayou, found several smoke trails near the grass from Flounder. I had 2 on that pulled off and caught one dink. The water along the shoreline of New Bayou looks great. Definatly a good spot to go looking for some flat fish.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Nice looking fish; but, what I really want is one of those coors light caps.

Comment

Aqua.. JT Hope to see yall today... Look forward to hearing from yall.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X