port bolivar channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• port bolivar channel

well.....we intended to fish under the causway at night. but we wanted to hit a few spots during the day before night fall. so we put in a fatboys and head toward seawolf park. we went around the point and fished at the concrete ship for an hour or so. it was about 2:00. i was fishing natural shrimp gulp on quarter ounce weight. my two buds were strickly live shrimp. infact, they were razzing me about it. we didnt see anything there so we headed back into the channel. a little way into it, just infront of Hailiburton road on the left side if you look at a map, there was a sandy beach. we anchored and pulled in some fish. my buddy caught the keeper of the day, a 16 flounder. big ol' wapper. my other bud caught 2 whiting and a mangrove snapper all about 10 or 11. and i caught 2 flounder both 12. they used live shrimp, i used natural color shrimp gulps. they didnt raz me anymore. i almost pulled in the only trout we saw. and all of the catchin was with one bait. i paid 5 dollars for my gulps, they paid 45 dollars for bait. i felt vendicated. i love those gulps.

after fishing there a while we headed to the causeway before night fall to fish the lights. and after night fall the fish stopped showing up. which is strange. we used to pull truot all night there ever time we went. but it was quiet. i had a buch of pulls on my gulp under a poppin cork. but no takers. or they were just small. we left at about 8:30.

all in all. a good trip. ill post the pics as soon as my buddy send them to me.

Thanks for the detailed report with all the information. Your pals gonna show up with GULPS next time ? Look forward to your pictures.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report thanks!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        Thanks for the detailed report with all the information. Your pals gonna show up with GULPS next time ? Look forward to your pictures.
        yea...i thank he will. he wanted to know how much they were, and which ones i bought.

Comment

They are definitely cheaper than live, and they definitely catch fish!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

finally got the pics. sorry it took so long.
            my buddy is holding the catch of the day. i think it was 16.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jeff R; November 11, 2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

thanks for the report.
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X