Halls Bayou 1/4/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halls Bayou 1/4/2013

Had a good day fishing with my son-in-law and his cousin. We couldn't find the crappie today so we turned our focus to bass. We must have caught and released between 30 and 40, with 15-20 being solid keepers. Nothing over about 2lbs but a lot of 1.5lb to 2 pounders. They were hitting cranks and jigs mostly but we did pick up a few on other baits. Left my phone in the truck on the charger so I don't have any pictures.

There were a lot of folks fishing the bayou today, but everyone we talked with was having a hard time. Not sure what they were doing wrong cause the bass were there. There was one very uncourteous group, and older man and to younger kids, guessing his grandkids. When we got to the ramp they had it blocked and took almost 20 minutes transferring there gear from the trunk to the boat. Didn't seem to brother them we were waiting they just took their time. Then we were on some bass and guess who came around the corner flying and never slowed down. Wouldn't have been too bad if they were up on plane but they were throwing one heck of a wake. Guess grandpa is teaching those two boy the right way to do things......
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Way to get em Derek.....gotta love people like that lol. Weekend courtesy at its best..

Comment

Yep, weekend courtesy at it's best.....LOL I do have to say that everyone else on the bayou today were very courteous as I've come to expect down there. Guess there is always a bad apple in the bunch.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Seems like there always at least one in a crowd.. Glad you guys got on some fish despite the arse hole's efforts to thwart you.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'm thinking the bass, well most fish in Halls is use to boat traffic so it doesn't brother them too much. My only real complaint is getting tossed about in the boat when AHs like this come running by.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great day except for the MULLET.

Comment

I've had trouble with people not slowing down properly in the bayou. Usually wouldn't bother me too much but I'm in a little John boat sitting on a raised seat on the narrow bow. So when they come by I have to stop fishing and stand or sit in the middle of the boat until the rocking is over. I believe the last of the last two times I've been 2 people slowed down correctly (of the probably 5 or 6 that passed). Nice to know you're catching them, that sounds like a heckuva trip! I usually catch 6 or so on a 3 hour trip and I'm satisfied.
              Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
                Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great day except for the MULLET.
                How did you know I caught a Mullet...... I really did on a crappie jig and it was in the mouth. That was a first, but not one I'm really proud of.....LOL

Originally posted by Primer View Post
                I've had trouble with people not slowing down properly in the bayou. Usually wouldn't bother me too much but I'm in a little John boat sitting on a raised seat on the narrow bow. So when they come by I have to stop fishing and stand or sit in the middle of the boat until the rocking is over. I believe the last of the last two times I've been 2 people slowed down correctly (of the probably 5 or 6 that passed). Nice to know you're catching them, that sounds like a heckuva trip! I usually catch 6 or so on a 3 hour trip and I'm satisfied.
                I use a leaning post on my bass boat and if you are not watching one of that waves can launch you out of the boat like a sling shot off that seat.

Comment

Working...
                X