Opening Weekend 2009 - Lonestar Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Weekend 2009 - Lonestar Ranch

Lots of deer seen this weekend. I was spike hunting so I didn't shoot. My dad got a nice "management" 8 point. My uncle scored him and came out to a gross of 127 with a net of 120 B&C, probably a 4.5 year old buck. My gramps shot a cull buck and he weighed 215 on the scale (I $hit you not, I have never seen a whitetail that big) that was 5.5 years. Check out the droptine on his left side. It was starting to cut into him. Also 3 does shot so lots of action this weekend. Hope everyone else did well!
    Attached Files
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Great weekend! I'm spike hunting the rest of the season myself so good luck to you.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Man that was a freaky looking rack... But none the less it put the food on the table...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That buck would have one long slow headache throughout the season...that 215 was it fied dressed at 215? Regardless at 200+ pounds is heavy deer...good job
        sigpic

Comment

Nice weekend ,good hunt!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
            That buck would have one long slow headache throughout the season...that 215 was it fied dressed at 215? Regardless at 200+ pounds is heavy deer...good job
            no no not field dressed. ungutted
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

nice...fat one!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

That is a nice 8 point that your dad killed, real symmetrical. And that huge cull buck, what a weird looking rack. You don't see too many 5.5 year old deer anymore. Nice hunt with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Bokey View Post
                    That is a nice 8 point that your dad killed, real symmetrical. And that huge cull buck, what a weird looking rack. You don't see too many 5.5 year old deer anymore. Nice hunt with the family.
                    You really hardly ever see them. But this place is managed very strictly, which is how it should be. We are not supposed to shoot bucks younger than 4.5 unless it is a spike or a cull buck. When you let deer get that old, lets just say you get some interesting results
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
                      You really hardly ever see them. But this place is managed very strictly, which is how it should be. We are not supposed to shoot bucks younger than 4.5 unless it is a spike or a cull buck. When you let deer get that old, lets just say you get some interesting results
                      Great deer. Looks like you had a great time. If people would quit meat hunting and let them get old they would benefit from both great horns and more meat. Also would let nature take its course with natural selection which also will produce more horns with the meat. That deer i would geuss dressed around 170- 180 lbs. AWESOME
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X