Sat. Rainbow Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. Rainbow Trout

Started of the day at Eisenhower Park. I just got my 2 lines in the water and a couple of guys to my left came over
    to ask for some tips. This was their fist time fishing there. They had always fished at Tom Bass and they weren't
    having any luck.
    They had 4 kids with them and I wanted to help them out. The fish in the past had always been right at the shoreline and you could see them with your sun glasses on, but not today. Tried deep for a while and nothing.
    I suggested they go to Sheldon State Park Children's pond, but they didn't know were it was. I had them follow
    me and it paid off big time. Those kids had a great day fishing. I think they left with 23 fish and I got a big thank you which felt good. I gave all my fish to a group to my left that were catching some fish, but kind of slow for them.

Made a stop by the main lake at Sheldon to see if the grass that covers EVERYTHING had died of yet. I want to
    give crappie fishing a try this year. I've never had the pleasure of tasting one.
    Took 2 pics.
    Both are from the boat ramp. First one is looking north and the second one is looking east.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheldon looking north.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	575101
    Attached Files

Good catch! I love to catch some crappie. Need to get up to Livingston pretty soon.

Comment

Two thumbs up to you!!! When my kids were younger we use to chase the rainbows and they had a blast. Mini Marsh Mellows always did the trick, just rig up a Carolina Rig with a small hook and the Marsh Mellow will float up from the bottom, gets them every time.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Way to go rootcanal!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Awesome man....caught me couple over at tom bass Thursday

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some good bass in Sheldon.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

We are killing the crappie on Lake Houston now.

Comment

Good vittles.....mmmmm

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you catch crappie and rainbow trout ? One of my brothers raves about crappie and tries to have me go catch some . He's in Washington state . I would like to try them but can't pull myself away from the saltwater . You're a swell guy . You still haven't told me if you want the Wade-Aide or inflatable PFD from your last act of kindness . You been using my loaner Wade-Aide ?
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    Did you catch crappie and rainbow trout ? One of my brothers raves about crappie and tries to have me go catch some . He's in Washington state . I would like to try them but can't pull myself away from the saltwater . You're a swell guy . You still haven't told me if you want the Wade-Aide or inflatable PFD from your last act of kindness . You been using my loaner Wade-Aide ?
                    Just rainbow trout. I stopped by the big lake just to see if the floating grass had died yet.
                    I'll snd you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                      There are some good bass in Sheldon.
                      thats a understatement, saw a 10lber landed from the road years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X