Galveston Bay Fishing Reports 11-10-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay Fishing Reports 11-10-09

Fall is here and fishing has started to heat up! Two to three weeks ago fishing was a bit slow, but in the past 10 days I have seen a huge change and the fishing has really picked up. At the beginning of fall we were catching fish, but the trout we were catching were undersized trout 13-16 inch trout. Our ratio of throw backs to keepers were around 1 out of 6. Now we are on better schools with more keeper trout and the sand trout and gulf trout action is non stop at times. We are mainly using soft plastics to catch our fish and depending on the weather we have used live shrimp under a cork at some locations. We are pretty much fishing under the birds in Trinity Bay and when they aren’t working, we are drifting some reefs or anchored on the shoreline. Fall is typically a great time to take a trip, the weather is great and fishing is even better. It’s a great time to get the family out one last time before winter comes. Before I end this report I want to give everyone a great tip on fishing in the fall. When you are fishing under the birds or where there are a lot of smaller fish your fishing equipment and gear can be the key to catching keeper fish. Your fishing rod is very important. You need a rod that you can fish soft plastics with and sensitive enough to feel those bites. I use the Castaway Skeleton rod and it makes fishing with artificial baits so easy. So invest in a good Castaway rod so you can get those long cast and that action you need to entice those trout to bite. Also use a good scented artificial bait. There are some great scented baits on the market, but I prefer bassassassins and fishbites. Don’t under estimate using the right fishing equipment, you will catch more quality fish. Well until next time, see you on the water.
    Capt. Alan
    www.galveston-fishing.com/galveston-fishing-guides.html
    Capt. Alan
    www.galveston-fishing.com

Thank you for the report and information !!
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the info and report.....
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report/info
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report ,do you fish in Westbay?
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the info and report

Comment

Thanks for the scoop!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and info!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

thanks for posting and good info

Comment

Working...
                  X