AK 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK 47

Appears to be many AR fans on site . Any AK 47 fans ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

I like the AK
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have one and bought Sandy's slide-fire stock for it and was smart/lucky enuf to buy 1000 rounds before the Obama Prices went into effect! I like my paratrooper model sks also. Bring on the Zombies!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        Appears to be many AR fans on site . Any AK 47 fans ?
        Herb or weapon ?
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

AK's are a dependable military weapon, but not very accurate. The reason they're so dependable is they are designed with loose tolerances. AR's have tight tolerances and are more accurate, but less dependable in the field. Given my choice, an M1 beats them all. Big holes, faster reloads than a box magazine (you just have to practice) and the perfect mix of dependability and accuracy. If you want something better than the AK, but you still want a Communist Bloc weapon, the SKS is a much finer weapon. It's much more accurate, even though the mag situation is not optimal, but they're still cheap. AK's are the ultimate spray and pray weapon, but without full auto, they don't make much sense.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I think the AK is accurate enough in semi auto and as mentioned dependable although I've read of AR models that have improved ruggedness ... Throw it in muddy water and still fires , that kind of thing . Accuracy2 1/2 inch group or 4 inch group , still kill shots . I like the AK larger caliber and better penetration . I've read of grunts getting killed by an AK standing behind a small tree . It's like I prefer a .45 ACP over a 9 mm .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

9mm sucks. If you're going to go there for compact(ness), you might as well go .380.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Slide stock ? You mean the " bump fire " after market stock ? Switch it out and it converts a semi auto to full or semi auto without a federal full auto permit . Sure , the butt has to shouldered but still full auto without the paper fuss . Pretty cool .

Comment

Yep , 9 mm allows more rounds in a magazine but you must pump out more of them to do what fewer .45 ACP will do ..

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                    Herb or weapon ?

HAR ! Go back to nodding off on the couch MG . LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X