Gigging Report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging Report!

We did some pre dark scouting and the skeeters are bad! They were swarming so thick Beach Bum Bailey & I had to double time it back to the car after getting a brief look... We met up with Rockfish at sunset. We coated up with OFF before even jumping out of the car. We drove to an area where we reconed and walked in, we walked for a good hour trying to locate some good ground. The visibility in the area we first chose was not ideal and water depth was thigh high. We kept thinking it would get shallower however the water level was significantly higher and well into the grass beds. We moved back towards where we put in and continued past to find the ultimate honey hole. We kicked ourselves for not making that right when we took the left...
    Once the spot was found we quickly began seeing imprints, I'd walk 10' and see 30+ imprints... We managed a quick 6 up to at least 4-5 LBS 1 flounder pushed well over 20". Our lights all quickly died and we made our way back to the cars to grab more batteries however rockfish and I both had to get back to Houston so we called it an early evening. It was nice getting out for a quick gig trip, the contour of the land and depth of the flats has certainly changed! Here's some photos of us with the haul...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice job. Looks like yall got some pretty solid fish. Do yall have plans to go next weekend? My dad has some free plane flights so I'm thinking about taking a break from school and flying down

Comment

Nice to meet you guys. Had a great time and hope to do it again soon. Boy I look like a deer in the head lights. I think I might try and get down again next Friday night if the weather looks good. Mama is going to be out of town. Let me know if you can.

Thanks again for the invite.

Comment

Forgot to mention... Rockfish & I were walking along talking when I stepped on a flounder and it shot out from under my foot... We commenced to shuffling... I use my gig as a walking stick and wouldn't you know I gig a flounder blind... It was thigh high water and I could not see the bottom... I had Beach Bum reach down there and grab it... "Now you sure its a flounder right..." "Yah of course man I saw the tail... " 12" flounder luckily only one point caught him right through his mouth... We released him and he swam away.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice gigging trip.Congrats
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thinking about going next weekend or weekday(Mon-Thurs). Anyone interested?
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
            X