GSC Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Flounder

Decided to leave the ducks alone this morning and try for some channel flounder. Got my limit pretty quick and released another 2 keepers and a dink. Fish were caught in 2-3' water. Light NE wind, good water clarity, and slack tide. No bigguns, I think the run is still working up, and a lot of the big fish are still in the bay. It sure would be nice if the run lasts well into December.

Way to go! Nice pics, especially the last one. Water looks pretty clear. What channel are you referring to, and which side of the channel is best? Thanks for the help!

Comment

nice report pics.congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Cool pics. Man you catch a lot of fish on that bait!

Comment

What channel are you referring to, and which side of the channel is best?
          Galveston Ship Channel, the best side is the one that you can launch the kayak from

I think either side is fine, I'd fish the protected side if I had a choice, just to be more comfortable.

Comment

WTG bro!!!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Awesome pics and report Yan!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

great report...excellent photos!!!
                  i have been there the last 2 saturdays... and it has been on
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Very Nice!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Where you launch?

Comment

You take good pictures Yan.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Way cool pictures, MILKJUG !! Did you see that you had her hooked well before you started taking pics ? If not , that's a gamble clicking away with the camera while it's thrashing around- loose too many as it is. I'd like to try the GSC during the run, but it's usually a circus .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report and pictures.... Very cool
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Plugger,

I already had my limit so I was just messing around. I'm not too worried about losing them if I gave them a good count, hard hookset, and the lure is mostly in their mouth. Flounder have pretty hard mouths and once that hook is in good they are done for.

Gonna go try the channel again in a bit, it's pretty protected from anything but a N. wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X