Work Barge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Barge

I'll be selfish and put my debris issue on the table. When this is gone, I'll be able to help with other issues. Of course it's not a nav. hazard, biut we do have a deadline to meet, which thanks to Ike it won't be easy to meet.

This is a camp on the corner of Churchill Bayou and Cold Pass. It was built by my partner in '83 and the state moved his permit to our present place in Tit-Tat 3 years ago. They wanted to return that island to nature. One of our requirements is that we remove this sucker by June of '09. It was going to be a job we could take care of without asking much help until Ike hit us and bashed our present camp. This sucker needs to come down and all debris hauled off or the state will pull our lease.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

I can volunteer some of my time to help out with your clean up.
    I set my own work schedule so almost any day works for me, just shoot me an e-mail.

Comment

So does anyone really know how the bay's will be cleared of debris? Is the state planning on setting up a dump area at ramps or what? I've tried contacting them about such issues via email, but they havent responded. I really don't have a problem everytime I go, of dragging stuff back, but sure don't want to take it home with me.

I think a good Saturday cleanup would be pretty cool and believe there are quite a few that would help also.

Sandy...what kind of boat you gonna use to haul that camp off, and how far do those poles have to come down past the waterline?
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Monte, At low tide all but the ones in the very front are exposed to the ground. The boat we use to haul it off could be any of ours. Of course we'll be hauling it off in pieces unless someone knows someone with a work barge and a crane. I would be willing to pay to have someone take care of it like that, but I don't think I could pay what it would cost. I'd pledge $1000 to get it done, but that probably wouldn't pay for a single day with a rig like that.

Something to think about as far as debris guys is my experience in La. with Katrina.

Almost all the debris in the marshes was simply gone after about 8 months. I imagine most of it just settled and was either washed away or swallowed up by nature. You can't find anything around anymore and the marshes were littered with it after the storm.

I think the best thing to do is if you see something that you can move, go ahead and move it. If it can't be moved, and it's a nav hazard, mark it like Kenny's been doing with a pvc or other type of marker.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

There is one in Pirates right now...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            There is one in Pirates right now...
            A dumpster?
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              A dumpster?
              Work barge and crane...

Comment

I know I hijacked this thread a bit, and I do apologize. A work barge and a crane would be great, but I'm afraid of the $$$$$ it might take. Especially since I only have $. After what I just spent the past couple days on tools, it's more line -$. If anyone has a friend with that sort of resource that would work with me on payments, I could do it. As it is, it looks like a manual labor job.

Comment

Torch it.

Comment

Sandy,
                    Most of the work barges in this area are doing storm repair so I wouldn't count on that. Maybe get some drums/foam and dismantle, float the material and tow it to the dock.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Looks like I'll be hacking and hauling in the Ugly Mudda.

Wedge, I'd love to, but that is a BIG no-no.

Comment

Coach, let me know if I can assist... I'll be available the next couple of weekends I already told NautiGirl its duck hunting time once I get my rig...

Comment

We've got to get Blockade Runners livable so it can be a base of operations. I'm guessing we'll be able to start operations over there after Thanksgiving. If anyone is in the area and they feel like destroying something and you want an early start, have at it. Again, it's on the corner of Cold Pass and Churchill. Just no burning. The GLO is very strict about that. You wreck it up, I'll haul it out. A chain saw will be a good thing to bring.

Comment

Working...
                          X