ferry landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ferry landing

i decided to give the ferry landing a try this afternoon after work. i haven't fished there since the storm and wasn't sure if they'd let you wade in. i left utmb and drove over to the parking lot to the right of the ferry landing and walked across the road to the rocky bank. i waded in but not very far because it was pretty deep and there was some new structure from the storm. i strung a 16 inch flounder on the 2nd cast and caught another one in about 15 minutes, about 17 inches. i made a few more casts trying to upgrade but broke off so decided to call it a quick day. it took me longer to put on my gear than it did to fish. i met a couple of really nice guys who had been having pretty good luck all week. one had caught an eight pounder yesterday. they were mostly using gulps. i caught mine on flounder pounders with some of that scented gel squeezed on for extra flavor. i'll probably try a few days next week after work now that i know i can still wade there.
    michelle

Nice Job! There's all kinds of stuff in there since the storm -- be extra careful.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

that sweet 2 flounder in 20 minutes or so. nice report.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report Michelle......Eatin' good tonight!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report Michelle, I sure would like for you and Donna to meet some time or we need to get together and hit the water.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Its always good to hear a short and sweet fishing report.. Taking longer to put on gear than it took to catch dinner you gotta love it.....
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice work! Gonna go get me some just as soon as this coffee is done.

Comment

nice fishing ,!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                  nice fishing ,!
                  go get em boy!!!!!!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice job michelle.thanks for the report.wasnt sure if you could still wade there.now i know
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
                      nice job michelle.thanks for the report.wasnt sure if you could still wade there.now i know
                      yes billy. same place you and i waded that time. i had to net these fish myself, that was your job!! lol
                      michelle

Comment

Michelle i have another spot i go to by ATM and the pelican bridge,pm me i can give you the spot.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I am going to go try that place next wednesday.See if ole netboy still has it LOL
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report . Two flounder in about 30 minutes, now that's efficient fishing !!
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X