Clear Creek 01/31/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Creek 01/31/2014

Busted them pretty good on Clear Creek Bayou today....... I forgot the GoPro so no video this time and it would have been a good trip for video. There were 3 more that I didn't take pictures of and I had my line broke it was a really good one!!! Sorry the pictures aren't better.
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Way to get em Derek...I recognize that bayou bug

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes the ole Texas Bayou Bug has really been hammering them the last two months. Don't leave home without them....
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Amazing what you can create yourself....

Comment

Yes and I really have to pat myself on the back with this one. I actually lost my last two today and only caught one small bass after that, they just don't like any other jigs...LOL

Comment

Nice Job Derek. I think the pictures look Great. Water color looks really good too.

Comment

A proven seller....

Comment

Pretty nice bass. Did you knowMike Mcclellan from the Bass Master Elite Series finished in the top 12 last year fishing Clear Creek. He traveled over 1700 miles over those 4 days. That's commitment.

I hit Halls today looking for bass as well, thought about going after crappie but I got on the water to late. I caught about a dozen, but I got one solid fish and it was up in the cane already bedding up. There are sores on her tail, I let her go after I took a few pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LMB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	560518
                Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                  Pretty nice bass. Did you knowMike Mcclellan from the Bass Master Elite Series finished in the top 12 last year fishing Clear Creek. He traveled over 1700 miles over those 4 days. That's commitment.

I hit Halls today looking for bass as well, thought about going after crappie but I got on the water to late. I caught about a dozen, but I got one solid fish and it was up in the cane already bedding up. There are sores on her tail, I let her go after I took a few pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27945[/ATTACH]
                  That is a good one!!! I lost one the day after Christmas I know was 8+ so there are some real big girls in Halls if you can get them to bite.

Comment

Nice fishing Derek! That lure really performs!
                    D-I-A, that's no slouch either!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

She was probably pushing 5 lbs. just under 20". I caught her on a 1/8oz. white road runner head with a chartreuse diamond crappie wedge tail. The reds aren't the only thing that like that combo.
                      Son of the Republic

Comment

Nice going ! You are getting your money's worth out of your creation .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                          She was probably pushing 5 lbs. just under 20". I caught her on a 1/8oz. white road runner head with a chartreuse diamond crappie wedge tail. The reds aren't the only thing that like that combo.
                          We have caught a lot of bass on roadrunners while crappie fishing. Some pretty good ones also, but none quite the size of that girl.

Comment

Working...
                          X