Luces Bayou 2/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luces Bayou 2/8

Well it has been a while since I've been up to Lake Houston so I made a run up to Luces bayou on the north end in search of some crappie. The water was running in the upper 40's all day and the bite was unbelievable tough.

I was spider rigging all day in 14-17 feet about 2 feet off the bottom at a snails pace. I tried 10 different colors and jig head variations, the colors that caught fish today were hot orange head with black/chart body and white head with green/chart body.

I caught 12 with only 6 of them making it to the mark. They were mostly females and they were loaded with eggs. Hopefully we get some stable weather this year so we can have a good brood stock because last years spawn was horrible. We were catching many fish into July with egg sacks that were poorly under developed.

I caught a solid bass again as well with a road runner and wedge tail combo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391911776.083861.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	575170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Son of the Republic

Nice report,,,Thanks.

Comment

Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

fish that outside bend of the first corner you come to coming off the lake. And tip some of those jigs with minnows.

How many rods are you running in your spider rig? I love fishing like that.

Comment

Thanks for the report!!! We almost headed up there this weekend but decided to go to Halls. We couldn't buy a crappie bite and the bass were almost as tough. Didn't get anything of any size either, so maybe we should have joined you on Luce.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Big ol bass nice I love bass fishin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

DIA we gave it a try yesterday. Got lucky with a few. I've never seen so many boats on the bayou.
              I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

A few...you must have failed Math.

Great job.

Comment

Yeah , you did well for sure. Thanks for sharing although I don't know anything about fresh water fishing and lingo about wedge tail drop shot flashers on bob tail popper rigs or whatever you said . Keep it up .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice catch, for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                      DIA we gave it a try yesterday. Got lucky with a few. I've never seen so many boats on the bayou.
                      Looks like there was a small crappie tournament this past weekend. Maybe that accounted for some of the traffic.

They call it a "Bragging Rights Tournament" on the lake houston fishing .com site.

Comment

GregG there was a no money exchanged tournament Saturday. It's just a way for the guys on LHFF to get together and talk about their strategies each month.

I heard Sunday was the day to go, it was a little warmer and the sun did make an appearance in the late afternoon.

This weekend should be one of the better weekends this year. Warm weather and good solunar activity. Crappie are one of the more sensitive to that table.

Son of the Republic

Comment

Slickfish were you fishing north of Huffman Cleveland Rd? Lots of black crappie on your table and that's all that was weighed in from the guys who went north. I was down south of ponderosa and all my keepers were white crappie.

Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                            Slickfish were you fishing north of Huffman Cleveland Rd? Lots of black crappie on your table and that's all that was weighed in from the guys who went north. I was down south of ponderosa and all my keepers were white crappie.

Yeah we were second bridge up past pondarosa. Whatever road that is. Slip corks were the trick in about eight feet of water. You're right about Sun being a factor. We didn't start catching ours till right after noon when it popped it's head out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
                            I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Working...
                            X