Teal Appetizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teal Appetizers

Seeing as its duck season or actually in between early-teal and regular season I wanted to share this recipe that I've come to love.

I'm sure many of you have had or seen it done.

I take a whole breast of the duck, remove left & right side to make two pieces. Depending upon the size of the duck I might halve the duck breasts to make 4 pieces instead of only 2.

You'll need:

Pickled / Hot / Fresh Jalapenos... Whatever you can handle

2LB Bacon

Toothpicks

Cream Cheese (in a block not a tub)

Take a piece of bacon lay it flat, take a piece of cream cheese lay it on the bacon, add the duck breasts, place a jalapeno on either side of the duck breast and wrap tightly with the bacon careful not to have the cream cheese spill out or any of the jalapenos. Use 1-2 toothpicks to secure the wrap in place.

I grill mine over charcoal or a gas grill, your choice...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

This is an amazing recipe, just as good with dove too.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Teal w/ Cream Cheese!

Here's the photo!
      Attached Files

Comment

Dude, that's just wrong posting pics of food made with birds I can't shoot for another 8 months

I did something like that but with jap/onion pieces surrounding the breast. Accidentally forgot about it on the grill too Luckily the fire wasn't too hot, and the bacon kept them tender. Freakin delicious! Way more flavor than chicken. Gonna have to try out the cream cheese next time.

Comment

In the pic you can still see the cream cheese clinging to the bacon and teal They were amazing!! Unclehandy who is temporarily living in my spare bedroom was saying "God these are delicious!!"

Comment

And they were!

Comment

Working...
            X