Braided Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Line

Is it true that braided line will cut into a reel spool? If so is there any prevention ? Thanks
    Fishing is only an addition , if your trying to quit !

Mine never has if u wanna be safe use a little bit of monofilament backer or put a piece of tape around spool

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I use a mono backer on mine

MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Setdahook View Post
        Is it true that braided line will cut into a reel spool? If so is there any prevention ? Thanks

no its not true

Comment

I also use a few feet of mono on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
            no its not true
            Only if you have a plastic reel! I tie it straight on.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks guys
              Fishing is only an addition , if your trying to quit !

Comment

I put mono first, then fill the rest with braid. This is just to fill the spool. Lord Bless.
                robert
                And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Ive read to tie several feet of mono first to the spool then use a blood knot to tie on your braid . The mono prevents digging in and slippage . I read it in an article , I don't use braid . For what it's worth .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sounds almost impossible, I just started using braid and haven't had it happen. I also tie mine straight to the spool. One good tip I've learn from the guys on here is spool it as tight as you can.

Comment

Someone explain to me what is so great about that weed eater line. I've seen it pop at least 50 times while fishing with my hero, termo. He's lost at least 20 corky's , fortunately he recovered about half of them with that great white min-kota and some super clear water. Lmao.

Comment

So far I haven't had any problems. Hook set is faster and stronger than mono. There's no stretch, and casts as good as mono. I still use mono, but I rotate the reels. Both are good, but haven't used braid with top waters yet. Lord Bless.
                        robert
                        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                          Someone explain to me what is so great about that weed eater line. I've seen it pop at least 50 times while fishing with my hero, termo. He's lost at least 20 corky's , fortunately he recovered about half of them with that great white min-kota and some super clear water. Lmao.
                          Harvey, weed eater line is mono. And it's not my fault if Termo can't tie a knot.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

yep, it doesn't break and will last for ever. you should use a mono leader or break your rod if hung up. birds nest, going to cut it out and start all over.,lol i have seen the best on the beach kicking sand and me still catching fish. but its all good, just my thing.
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                              yep, it doesn't break and will last for ever. you should use a mono leader or break your rod if hung up. birds nest, going to cut it out and start all over.,lol i have seen the best on the beach kicking sand and me still catching fish. but its all good, just my thing.
                              I have seen the mono guys in a bad bind as well not gonna say any names he he he he he

MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X