stake out stick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stake out stick question

how long should the rope or leash be from the stake out stick to the yak.thanks....i figured at least 5 to 6 ft can one of you enlighten me.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Reeltime,

I always recommend to use at least 5-6 foot of rope. Depending on the wave action should depend on the length of rope used. The more waves the longer the rope so when the boat rocks up and down it's not pulling up on the Stik.

So a rule of thumb is 5 foot for no waves and 10' and more for rough waves.

Comment

Originally posted by blittle View Post
      Reeltime,

I always recommend to use at least 5-6 foot of rope. Depending on the wave action should depend on the length of rope used. The more waves the longer the rope so when the boat rocks up and down it's not pulling up on the Stik.

So a rule of thumb is 5 foot for no waves and 10' and more for rough waves.
      i thought i was close to dead on.thank you and you have a great product..first time i stuck it in mud i thought i was gonna have to call the tow truck too get it out...note to oneself don't push it down to far. figured out after i had been out that the stake out sick and the anchor trolley will complament each other........what your thoughts.thanks
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I would probably keep it as short as possible in calm winds and currents so I could pull it in quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          I would probably keep it as short as possible in calm winds and currents so I could pull it in quicker.
          I have mine set up to be adjustable that way I can change it depending on the conditions.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Drifting shallow, shove it thru a scupper hole to stop your drift.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

It works well or the Bruce anchor on a short rope does as well. Use 10 ft rope on trolley but have a hook/clip just below where the line clips onto the trolley so you can put a loop in the line to anchor short when needed.

In some of the Scupper Holes the plastic is thin so watch the amount of wear you have. They are a bear to repair if you wear a thin spot and start to leak. When the 120's first came out there were some casting defects and people were having problems with new kayaks.

Comment

Working...
              X