11/14 around seabrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/14 around seabrook

Took my son and a friend of his out to the flats. Not a whole lot of action on top or plasticcs.

So we shifted gears and fished close to the bulkheads using shrimp and gulps.

We caught a bunch of reds (17"), a couple of flounder, a drum and a sheepshead that went at least 5lbs. It was probably bigger. I just realized we didn't measure it, but it had to have been over 20 inches. It was a monster. Then the kids caught a couple of trout. The only thing we didn't catch was sand trout which usually we catch really big ones. This had to have been some kind slam.

It was a lot of fun. Got a flounder dinner out of it. The kids had a blast because the reds, as soon as they felt the hook, would take off like a freight train, pulling drag. They fought like they were 25", just not as long.

Great report.....birds were working all over the lake earlier in the week.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'm glad to hear the kids had some fun and got some stank-on-em. Thanks for the report.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report. Thanks!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report.

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Glad the kids had fun catching fish to help dad out.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Kids had a blast and were wanting to go out again. Thanks for all the replies.

Someone down the street was giving away a 4hp so my kid picked up. We'll work on it together to get it running. Sounds good when I pull it so maybe we'll get lucky and get it running with a rebuild. It'll be fun to do it together.

Man I'm itching to fish. Great weather.

Comment

Working...
              X