Jones lake 14th Nov. 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones lake 14th Nov. 09

Bluewaver and I headed out yesterday morning in search for a big trout. Conditions were excelent, light winds just S moving more E as the day went on. Slight overcast and a few cooperating fish.

We worked topwaters around the shallow islands hoping the big girls would move in to feed. The tide was strong and outgoing. We found plenty of bait action but no bite to make some kind of productivity.

BW found a lone rat red on a topwater at 18"! We had some swirels to get our attention. I had one sow trout come and take a swipe at my topwater showing her whole broad side and smaking tail to come up short of a hooku up. I twitched my bait as she took the swipe.

One nice trout out there is getting bigger, fatter and more challenging for someone else. But after hours of pounding the reefs with plastics and arties we switched to the goto bait to bring home some food. SHRIMP!

Anyway as the day went on we caught several undersized trout and reds off shrimp in the lake drifting. If I had a trolling motor I am sure the results would have been different for the arties. That was the second SOW that I have come across in the lake. In due time I will snag her, the first one I had to the boat.

BW and I come up good with several undersized trout and reds on plastics and arties but kept 4 trout and a limit of reds. A pic of half the catch and Bluewaver has the other half. The big trout is 22".

Nice one guys! Thanks for the report!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks Kevin for the report... Good job on the catch...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice report and great pic! i see several stickers.... but where is the FWE sticker??

Comment

Nice report-thanks.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good to see you "Amigos" get out there and get some stink on ya.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

YA, It was a ton of fun Kevin.. Thanks for the ride in that sweet boat!

Hamma, re read the post again... Ole WD caught on a Top Water my friend... Yeeeeee Haaaaaaw!

Been trying for the past several years with no success, finally it happen.. I think I like it..

Dang it, cant see the Pic here @ work!

wd

Comment

Good job guys!!

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X