Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Alert!!

greetings guys and gals,
    i'm new to the forum and boy am i'm glad i found you. i have a house on Tiki and have been learning west bay for the last year or two. (one lower unit gone) i haven't had much luck fishing west bay and was really going to concentrate this winter on learning where the fish are. i was wonderng where the fish are? other than hiring a guide to fish west bay, i don't know what else to do. i have been cruising the bay and drifting the reefs. i have been a live bait fisher for the past 4 years and vowed to fish this fall with artificial only. does anyone care to share your spots with a rookie?
    i usually fish trinity with a buddy and the birds are working there pretty hard right now. i understand that west bay gets that way in November, just havent seen it yet. if you don't want to share your spots with me, i understand totally. i'm just a frustrated fisherman trying to hook up.

thanks in advance and i'll be trolling the site picking up info as i go.

Cheers!

There are plenty of people on here with boats that will take you out or go out on yours and show you around. Welcome to the board!

Comment

welcome.i'm sure you will find somebody to hook-up with on this site they are a pretty good bunch.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome aboard.....Good luck!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Welcome and we look forward to sharing and seeing some post from you.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

guys i apologize. i just saw your new member forum. i posted this in the wrong forum. my fishing in west bay isnt much better either. i hope you forgive me this time. -kid-

MODS- FEEL FREE TO MOVE TO CORRECT FORUM

Comment

I didn't even notice it...

I launch from Tiki all the time unless I'm on the Island for the weekend then I launch near the house...

What kind of boat do you have? I'll be happy to show you around some good areas also point out areas you should try on a map. Are you going to make it out for the club meeting Friday? A lot of people will be there would be a good opportunity to pick the brains of us die hard West Bay guys
              Last edited by WestEndAngler; November 16, 2009, 07:39 PM.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Tikki kid
                The best fishing investment I made in the last few yrs was a guided with Capt. Greg Francis (aqua- pimp) you can learn a lot about a particular area or bay system in a ½ day trip with Greg, for me it was well worth the money.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Welcome aboard Tikki Kid, I'm a newbie myself.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome Tiki!!

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Glad you found the site...most folks on here are more than happy than happy to help others out finding the fish...I simply stay away from Robolo's favorite spot on the north shore line as I have pretty much pot licked that thing out!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              I didn't even notice it...

I launch from Tiki all the time unless I'm on the Island for the weekend then I launch near the house...

What kind of boat do you have? I'll be happy to show you around some good areas also point out areas you should try on a map. Are you going to make it out for the club meeting Friday? A lot of people will be there would be a good opportunity to pick the brains of us die hard West Bay guys
                              i have a 22 ft bay stealth blue/white w/200 honda 4-stroke. you've probably seen me putter around like i'm lost (no doubt i'm lost) i share a bay house with my b-in-law on tiki. i'm in the canal that leads to the icw. we are almost finished with the post ike repair. new second deck and pier. the fish lights are going up after Thanksgiving.

i don't know what the boss (wife) has in store for me on Friday, i will make it to hooters if at all possible.
                              thanks so much for the reply. hope to meet you all soon. i may be 48 yrs old but i'm still the tiki kid!
                              -kid-

Comment

Working...
                              X