Stingaree flats 11-12-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingaree flats 11-12-09

Took the kayak and launched at 7 AM after missing the 5 AM ferry because of a train crossing the road and then stopping on Harborside Drive blocking traffic. Had to wait for the 6 AM ferry and met up with two pals. Got in on the end of a sunrise feed that netted me 3 trout on the flats. They had caught some decent 20 inchers and lost more. Wind was S-SE 6-9 MPH, beachfront water was 75 degrees, sunny, one foot visibility and green, outgoing tide. I caught those fish on a Mirrolure SNAKE DANCER, green back, silver sides, white belly. My buds used topwaters mainly. After 10 AM I went way back into a marsh off the intercoastal looking for flounder, reds, and maybe trout. Buddies called it a day at noon. Lots of bait on the flats and marsh, but no fish caught in the marsh until I came back to the marsh mouth about 3 PM where I picked up a 17 " flounder on a 3" chartreuse GLUP curly tail. Had one blow up at a deep washout in the marsh coming out on a beginning incoming tide that started around noon. Made my way along the flats and found a little cove where I noticed bait flying out of the water, surface activity and swirls at about 4 PM. Threw the GULP and corky pearl, chartreuse back and landed 7 trout by twilight. Lost about 6 in the process. All trout schoolies 15-16 " but good eating.Got back to the truck at 6:30 PM. Been a while since I netted a limit of trout and it felt good. Great day on the water.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

More pictures

MARSH, got a little red.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report Plugger......great pics!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

More pictues

Flats. Couldn't get 2 pictures of total catch to upload. Will try again.
        Attached Files

Comment

reeeeel nice pics plugger...was talking too a buddy about hitting that area in the near future
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Pictures

Rats, it won't upload my 2 pics of all the fish together. I'll tinker with it tomorrow Thanks , guys.

Comment

Great pics!!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That was a good report Plugger and some kick arse pics. Keep up the good work...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Very nice report.Congrats on the catch
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report and pics. DAMN, I think that is my golf cart after IKE. How did it make it that far away
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics Plugger.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great pics man...thanks for putting those up...think I could get a good deal on that golf cart you found?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can have the golf cart IF you can remove it.

Comment

It's bad enough when a train stops at a crossing making you late for work or something, but when it keeps you from fishing.........well that just aint right.

Comment

Pictures

Group shot.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X