East Fork Lake Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Fork Lake Houston

Finally got a day off. They have been working us 6 days a week for the last 7.
    I don't know squat about catching Crappie, this was my 2nd try.
    Launched at BJ's and headed north. Finally found some on my third stop.
    Caught 10, but only had one keeper at 12 inches.
    The fish were up close to the shoreline, fishing 4 foot deep with minnows and a bobber stopper.
    Also landed one 2 foot gar and a small bass. I though they were big Crappie at first.
    Water was very off color. 6 inches at best.
    Water temp was 62 to 65 degrees.
    This is going to be my first taste of this fish. Hope it is as good as they say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12inch Crappie 3-14-14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	575242

I've never had crappie either but I hear they're great . Deep fry them I believe . Tell us what you think .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henry,I fried them with cornmeal. 2 minutes for each fillet.Pure white meat that taste every bit as good as Flounder.

Comment

Great start on the slabs!!! Yes they are tasty, I think better than flounder but the two are very close sitting on top of my fish eating list.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

OK Dale......let me see if I got this correct.....you had ONE KEEPER that you kept, filleted and fried. I hope you had some other fish to go along with those giant slabs of meat! (Just messing with ya', friend)
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Those are tasty dale

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
            X