Clear Creek Bass Tournament 3/15/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Creek Bass Tournament 3/15/2014

My son Josh and I had a great day fishing. We were the talk early as just about everyone in the tournament saw us catching fish. We put 3 solid bass in the live well early and it should have been 5, but we just couldn't get those other two in the boat. We continued to catch good fish, but they were a couple of frog hairs from being keepers. We were still in good shape as the reports filtered up and down the bayou and then the worse thing that can happen to tournament fishermen happened to us, our live well pump died and so did our fish. With the penalty for dead bass we couldn't place in the money. We were so upset about what happened we didn't take pictures. We were 2nd before the pound per dead fish penalty which dropped us to 5th. Not sure if the fish had been alive if they would have weighed enough to push first but it would have been close. Still, we had a great father son day fishing and that is what is most important!!!!!

All of the good fish were caught on worms fished with a shaky head or drop shot rigged. One of these days I'll do a video to show how I rig and fish worms like this.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

That's tough luck Derek. Glad you had a good time with your son.
    It was a wet day at my house most of the day. How was the weather in your spot?

Comment

We were totally soaked and the bilge pump got a work out, thank goodness it didn't quit on us. I've spent most of the day drying out tackle boxes...LOL
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Baaad luck ! What a heart breaker . It is what it is , shake it off and move on . Get it fixed and whack 'em next time .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That is always a bummer when that happens. At least you got on some fish and had a good showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Son of the Republic

Comment

Sorry to hear that Derek....good catching though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Better luck next time Derek. Sorry a bad pump outdid your hard work.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks guys!!!! You know what they say, Chit Happens. It was just bad that it decided to happen when it did, but we aren't going to let it get us down for the next time. We are already planning on hitting the Big Bass tourney up on Sam Rayburn the end of next month, will make sure to have the live well in fine working order by then.

Comment

Bummer man. Hey, bass for dinner at least

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Bummer man. Hey, bass for dinner at least
                    I wish, but wouldn't eat fish out of Clear Creek. That is what made it worse because CC has become an awesome catch and release spot for bass fishing.

Comment

True... Happy crabs then, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X